Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Fancy Kate Party

September 5th is such a special day!
For one thing, it is Kate Kate's birthday!!!
I'll never forget sharing my first pregnancy
with my best friend...and then delivering
our babies nine days apart...
same hospital, same doctor, etc!
I could not wait to go see
Baby Kate the night she was born.
I remember it was the biggest
deal for me to get out of the house
because we were so afraid Walker would
need to nurse while I was gone!!!
Look at us now...Walker & Kate are still
dating just like we planned!
Plus my Haddie is now B/F/F with Kate Kate!!!
Kate chose to have a fancy party for her
7th birthday...it was so sweet because
she invited her precious girl cousins and Hadlee.
Plus the Birthday Girl wanted snow crab legs!!!

She seemed to love the bath tub that Haddie got her for her American Girl dolls...even though Hadlee told Kate during lunch what her gift was!She also loved her Icarly shirt that Walker chose for her...

I just hope she will want to wear it every
single day like Walker has always wanted to
wear his Lightning McQueen outfit from Kate!!!A Fancy Kate Party...
who needs Fancy Nancy?!?
Walker is already such a good boyfriend...
he didn't mind missing out at all
(when he heard it was all girls anyways!).
Haddie loves her some CoCo! She still
plays "CoCo at the front door" all the time!
Aren't they the most precious family?!?
Then it was off to Kate's grandmother's house
(Walker's teacher!) for ice cream sundays...
Hadlee went crazy with the chocolate, whip
cream, sprinkles and cherries...(HA!)
Such a Sweet, Beautiful Birthday Girl!!!
I hope her wishes always come true!
Kate Kate...thank you for including Haddie & me.
We love you dearly!!!


The other reason that September 5th is so special is that it's my wonderful mother-in-law's birthday, too!!! We celebrated with her that night...complete with MORE snow crab legs (not for me though!) and cake! I can't believe I didn't have my camera with me! I couldn't have asked for a sweeter, more supportive, loving mother-in-law in all of this world! She loves my babies like no other and they sure do love their mamaw!!!

Happy Birthday Mamaw!!!

5 comments:

Abramyan Avenue said...

I love the look on her face when she's opening the American Girl tub! It looks like a true girly girls party!

melanie, aka Mo said...

I think I am perimenopausal! I can't sleep! It is 4:oo AM here. Am I insane?! Anyhoo... just got to experience American Girl in NYC! Oh my Lawd! we are doing Bitty Baby twins for Christmas. Big box delivered this week! Emma Lou is getting all kinds of accessories for her babies from us for Christmas too! THat whole thing is a crazy notion, isn't it?! I mean, a real live beauty parlor for your babies!?! Can you imagine going to your kids' school and telling them you Do Babies' Hair for a living?! WILD. Todd just stood in amazement at all the little girls and their strollers and carriers and dolls. I told him that all those sporting events his friends brag about aren't all they were cracked up to be. He would have a lifetime of living the American Girl dream with two girls! Ha. He was so pumped! (HA again). Ok, so back to more NO SLEEP! Mo

Graham said...

I just was able to catch up on your blog.. I have missed so much! You and your family are in my prayers. You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to see your next addition! And you do make me look really bad with how fabulously you pull off your pregnancy looks super mommy!

angie said...

I love the Barkleys too!! I really Miss Kelli a lot! Many comments to make about this sweet post:
•the constant smile on Hadlee around CoCo and Kate-precious
•her plain vanilla:-)
•that Walker gave Kate an iCarly shirt-paybacks!!!!
•the giant crab legs are hilarious
•Hadlee seemed older for some reason in these pictures?!
• I love that you and Kelli are still so close after all these years and that your kids and Kate are SO close. She's blessed to have you Mindy!

Beth E. said...

You all are party animals! lol Sounds like a wonderful time with family and friends. :-)