Friday, September 25, 2009

Ten Years

Today, my main squeeze and I are celebrating
TEN years of marriage!!!

This has been ten suuuuuh-weeeeeeeeet
years of FuN, LAuGHter and LoVE!

I truly can't believe it has been ten years.
I can easily conjure up that giddy, sweet
feeling I had the day we got married.

It was perfect.
Although our marriage has not always
been and is not always perfect,
it's close enough for me.
I am still very much in love with the man
that I married at seven in the evening on
Saturday, September 25, 1999.


For today's post, I was going to rank
my favorite things about T-dawg,
but I kept getting a tie for first place.
I love my husband's wit, his sexy-good
looks, his kindness, his priorities, his charm,
his strength, his work ethic, his manliness,
his intelligence, the way he fathers our
children, and of course...
the way he loves & protects me.
Nobody has ever loved me or made
me laugh like my husband does.
So there...it's like a 10 way Tie!!!


Then I thought I'd do
100 MORE Things I love About You!
I did these 100 things when we got married...
But to be honest, I'm pregnant and lazy
and have too much first grade homework to do!
But trust me, there are EASILY way more
than 100 new things I love about my man.

If you'd like to see lots more wedding pictures
and read a mushy love letter I wrote my Love
Dawg on our last anniversary, go here...
I was really in love at nine years, too!

There is something extra, extra special
about this anniversary and it's not just
because it's ten years.
I once read that a baby is God's way
of showing us that the world goes on.
I just have to think that our sweet
SURPRISE with Baby Boy Love is
also God's way of showing Troy and me
that our marriage goes on.
NOT THAT I DOUBTED IT WOULD...
but hey, a sweet surprise like this from
God is NOT something I take lightly!

God has blessed me in a way I don't
deserve with my marriage and my children.
I don't take that for granted.
I am so very, very thankful
that I'll fall even more head
over heals with my husband
again when we have our third child.
It's already been happening just
through the course of this pregnancy.

I love being a wife to Troy and a
mother to our children.

Troy...I love you and I can't thank you
enough for these ten years!
Thank you for making me feel
loved and beautiful every single day.
And thank you for making me laugh
every single day (well, except for those
days when we are mad at each other!).
~YAME~
You are my Everything.
I'm sealing this post with a kiss...

Happy Ten Year Anniversary!
Love...Wifey

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy 10 Years and many more!

We celebrated our 8th 10 days ago too. :)

Brandi said...

Happy 10 years!!!! Goes by fast doesn't it. Your kids are adorable. I too have 3: boy, girl, boy just like you! I enjoyed reading your blog!

Kimberly said...

Oh my! I remember that day sooooooo well. Beautiful bride and such a handsome groom= three perfect children and one best friend!!!!
Love you lots and lots. Happy day!
ps- totally random but I keep asking you if you are teaching this year and feel like such a fool for not even knowing what's up..you just haven't mentioned it at all. Fill a sista in! It's so hard to keep up.. Down Unda!

Unknown said...

WOW...I don't know what I did to deserverve that?!?

I just want all your blooger friends to know that I love you with all my heart! Not only are you the best wife a man could have and the BEST MOM ever....You are the kindest, most pure person I ever met. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.

Happy 10th Anniversary.

You are MY everything!

angie said...

Happy 10th anniversary! Doesn't it feel like a milestone?? I am so thankful that you love your man today as much as the day you got married. I think that is definately something to be celebrated!!! Have a great weekend free of homework:-).

Unknown said...

OH! I forgot something...at 6 months pregnant...

YOU ARE STILL SMOKIN HOT!!!!

Beck said...

I am LOL with Troy's comments! How sweet! Travis and I will also celebrate 9 years in a few weeks! Can't beleieve it comes (and goes) so quickly. Happy Anniversary to you both! Hope you have a lovely day <3

Rhonda said...

I **love** that Troy posted! What a good man!! Congratulations on 10 years of wedded bliss!!! I bet you never imagined you would have 3 children on this day, some 10 years later! You were a beautiful bride ~ along with a handsome groom! Gorgeous couple! Congratulations!!!!

Shannon said...

Seriously - Troy is pretty precious with those sweet words for ALL of us to read! Happy Anniversary! It's a big one, so celebrate big!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

HAPPY 10 Years to two of our fave people! We love you guys and feel so blessed to know you. You guys are so much fun, our rock, and Hoodies for life. We can't imagine meeting another couple as precious as Minnie and Tdawg. Have FUN celebrating.

Ps. Just say the word and we will come get the kids!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Decade!!! You are so blessed!

Beth E. said...

Awww...happy anniversary! You are such a sweet couple. How beautiful you looked on your wedding day...you are even more beautiful now!