Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Great Strike Out and Then The HIT

Walker had his first coach pitch game last week.
Here he is at bat for the first time...
(That is his cute coach on the right!!!)
This is Walker still at bat.
Unfortunately he struck out.
NOT.GOOD.AT.ALL.
(in Walker's mind only!)
He cried and cried.
Then the rain came and the game had to end
without getting a second chance at bat!

He even cried in the car on the way home!
(BROKE OUR HEARTS!).
That very night he asked Troy to
pitch to him in the backyard.
(Walker, sorry to reveal this to everyone.
But someday when you are playing for the
Texas Aggies, this will make for a great story!...
or just a good one for when your kid strikes out!!!)
Before I get to the happy ending,
here are my baseball boys before pictures on
Saturday morning...
Sweet, tough boy...
I love how Troy likes to coach Walker's
teams. This makes a mommy/wife
VERY, VERY proud and thankful.I think this pic is Big Man planning
out his strategy for his next game.
I just love this picture for some reason...GUESS what?!?
Stud Muffin got a GREAT hit at the next
game. Mommy didn't take pictures this
time for fear of what might happen!

Sweet Walker...
I hate to tell you this but we all strike
out from time to time in baseball AND in life.
Over and over again sometimes.
That's OKAY!!!

You almost always give 100%
and that's what matters.
I hope you are always ALL HEART!!!

I love you, #9!!!

7 comments:

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Sweet Boy. Those little lessons are so hard to watch them go through but praises for the Lord giving him one wonderful Mommy to be there to pick him up and let him know that he is so loved.

Beth E. said...

I know you are so proud of Walker for not giving up but working even HARDER to achieve his goal of hitting that ball...and he did! Yay, Walker!

My hubby coached our sons' baseball teams. What a blast we had throughout the years. Billy played baseball from t-ball all the way through high school...until he graduated. He LOVED it, and worked very hard to be the best player he could be. Walker's determination reminds me a lot of my Billy. :o)

Blessings...

Amanda said...

I just love baseball season. Your boys are so handsome and look just like each other. ;) Boys just have that competitive streak.. can't blame him!

Kimberly said...

Break a mama's heart!!! Good job Walker for giving it you all! We love you!!!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Did I tell you this was the first thing Luke HAD to tell me about after the game? He was so excited for his buddy. Look out Aggie Baseball team! Walker is on the way. Hope he is feeling better today.

angie said...

Oh that is such a great post Mindy! We do all strike out , even professionals!!!! The tigers are also "natural" lovely color huh?!?. I am so glad he got to smack it the next game. Great pictures!!!!

Rhonda said...

Oh, that makes me sad that Walker was so hard on himself. I know that broke your heart! I'm sure glad he kept trying and came back for a HIT!!