Friday, November 22, 2013

Trav's Horse Show

 Travis participated in another horse show
for REACH Therapeutic Riding Center!
 
Sometimes Trav catches us off guard...
like this day when we walked up and
there he sat ~ just as normal as anything.
He is such a miracle.  
I love this picture because we
were celebrating him AND my dad
that weekend!  :)
Superman Fan Club!
As Travis came riding in the announcer said,
"And here comes Superman riding in to save the day!"
It.was.Awesome!!!!!
Horseback riding is a wonderful therapy
for learning to walk again.  Something about
the way your body moves while riding a horse
mimics the way we walk?!?
Whatever it is...we are thankful.
Travis has come SO FAR in his horseback riding.
The people at REACH are mostly all volunteers.
How absolutely AMAZING is that?!!
There is SO much good in this world.  
I don't know much about horseback riding
(other than the summer Kelli and I taught
horseback riding at a summer camp!  ha),
but the instructors couldn't stop talking
about the progress Travis has made.  
Trav's horse is Simon.  Travis has always been
an animal lover ~ and he certainly loves Simon.
The owner of Simon has recently contacted us
and we are so grateful to him for sharing
his beautiful horse with Travis.
Superman's Little Fan:)
This picture is AMAZING. 
Look at our Superman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He certainly saves my day!!!
Proud.  Very Proud. Sisters. 
We love our Superman. 
Million Dollar Smile
This is the first season that Travis
has been able to ride unassisted. 
Travis is such a stud!!!
FiRST PLaCE RiBBoN!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoying the show and the beautiful place...
We were all so happy and proud that day!!!!!!!!
Troy and Walker were at a party and had to miss:(
Sweet Trav gave his ribbons to Hudson!!!
I talk so often about what this entire
ordeal is like for Travis...but oh my Goodness,
I could write for days about what it's like
for Lynna.  There is nothing worse in the
whole wide world EVER than seeing your
child hurt, struggle and/or suffer.
Lynna experiences this every single day.
Her life will never be the same.  
There is NOTHING like a mama's love...
especially this one's.  
Riding Simon on Saturdays has given
Travis something to look forward to
and something to enjoy plus
there are amazing therapeutic benefits to it. 
 

1 comment:

Abramyan Avenue said...

This post made my heart so happy. I have followed Travis' journey through your blog and when he was in San Antonio I really wished I had to the chance to visit him. I am so extremely happy for this blessing on your family. Travis has seriously been in my prayers. I love that he busted through barriers. He truly is Superman!
-april