Thursday, November 14, 2013

Be-Boppin'

On Halloween Day, I bebopped around all morning....Hadlee was the cutest thing ever as an American Girl for a character parade at school, I was all in the spirit with my big orange beads, I had teacher treats galore to give, a fun morning with my students and spoiling my intern on her last day before leaving for Baylor in London,....and my day of Halloween was just getting started. I went to get Trav for speech. As always, I helped him with his walker and watched him try to go down the step at his front door while I held his arm hoping I could catch him if he went down. 
 
Daily sucker punch. 
 
Without him ever knowing, I usually look down and tears wail up in my eyes as I secretly scream at God and wonder why?  Why my handsome, fun loving Travis?  I miss what he was so desperately. I'm so sad for him that it overwhelms my heart and soul.  Life is so hard for him and it's just not fair.  What I would give to change things.....

For some odd reason I felt the need to jot down those feelings that day and I sent it to my group of closest friends.
 
Be thankful. Don't take things for granted. When you do get to bebop around like I often get to, pray for all those who can't.  Life can be so hard for some people yet so beautiful, too. I'm truly thankful I get to experience both. 
 

No comments: