Wednesday, November 27, 2013

#fifthgradeforwalker

 What am I going to do with this boy?
Eleven years old ~ Fifth Grade
#lovestotalkinhashtag
#wantedtowearAggiejerseyforschoolpic
 #thinkshislonghairmakeshimcool
He's almost too cool for his mama in fact!;(
So far, Walker is loving fifth grade.
He never had one single issue or complaint
at South Bosque and so I crack up
when he tells Hadlee how much better
and cooler River Valley is than her school?!?
It's funny!  I'm so glad he is loving
intermediate school though.  His teachers
are wonderful and he is learning A LOT.
I've been really impressed!!!!!!!!
He continues to really care about
his grades and, SO FAR, takes
care of his business (maybe sometimes
a little too much in that other fifth
grade mamas text questions about homework
and Walker always has finished his
AT school???  Thankfully his grades
have been good so I won't worry yet!). 
 
I was thrilled to have lunch with him
at school and go to the book fair with him...
Just a couple of weeks ago on the way home
from school, Jonah mentioned that his dad
had eaten lunch with him.  I was like
"Oh Walker, I need to come have lunch with you"!!!
He said, "That's okay" as in NO!;(
I was allll like SaY WHaT?!?
So, I asked Jonah if I could come eat with him
and he said, "Sure!"
Walker looked over at Jonah and said,
"When she starts dancing, you are on your own!"
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Like I've EVER danced in front of him
in public (in his school cafeteria!!!!!).
FuNNY BoY!!!!!!!!!
 
When the book fair rolled into town,
he was sure to invite me though;)
and even con me into a poster ...
I am not a fan of posters!!!!!!
 Walker has made some awesome new friends...
And he's keeping the same awesome
friends he's had for a long time...
He's got some fifth grade 'tude from time to time,
but he's still just a sweet, good kid
with a tender heart.
The other day a sweet new mom friend called
to tell me that she had asked her son out of
all of his friends ~ new and old ~ who was
the best example? She told me that
her son without hesitation said, "WALKER"!
WOW...that story did my mommy heart
soooooooooo much good.
My prayer is that this will continue!!!!!!!!
My baby boy is growing up way too fast.
I couldn't be more proud of him
and I couldn't love him more:)

No comments: