Thursday, November 7, 2013

Na Na Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 I still can't believe this happened!!!!!!
I had a FuLL weekend with my six
best friends in the world.  ALLLLLL
seven of us in one city...in one house...
TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
It was like Bid Day or something
as each of us arrived at different times!!!:)
With one of us living in Perth, AUSTRALIA,
two in San Francisco, one in San Antonio,
one in Dallas, one in Austin, and one in Waco...
getting together is TOUGH:((((((
It's hard to put into words what this group is like. 
We analyzed it a little bit over the weekend...
we all have amazing friendships from throughout
our lives ~ childhood groups,
high school friends, "when I was single on my
own first working" friends, couple friends,
mommy friends, work friends, etc....
but NONE compare to this group for us!!!
We came to the conclusion because maybe
during college, it's truly your first time
on your own, CHOOSING your friends,
making big decisions, discovering yourself,
and so much more....there's just a bond like
no other.  We have that BOND.
No.Doubt.About.It. 
This group of friends is the REAL deal. 
The other big shocker was that we actually
left the couch!!!  All we wanted to do was
love on each other and TALK!!!
Somehow we did all load up in my car and
head out for dinner the first night!!!  
Our Facebook post that night was,
"7 friends from Baylor, 20 years,
18 kids, 5 current husbands,
traveling from 6 cities - two states - two continents...
We haven't missed a beat."
That about sums it up!!!  Other than us wanting
to add "and one boob job" to the list, but
we thought we better not;)))
(but there is one boob job in the group;)
After staying up WAY late in our
pj's reminscing sooooooooooooo many
funny stories from Baylor like they
had just happened and giving many updates on
our current lives (we have had some
HUGE ups and downs...ones that bring
me to my knees:( but we have and are
are SuRVIVING and are feeling BLESSED!),
four of the group went to Soul Cycle
the next morning.  Soul Cycle say what?!?
I've got soul...but not for a cycle!!!
The three of us left behind decided
to go to for a walk instead......
These girls know me better than
most and they KNOW I don't hike or
participate in anything too nature-y...
wish I did, but it's just not me!
Yet they take me HERE!?!!?!!!?!!?!!!
When Laura said "Barton Creek",
I thought she meant Barton Creek MALL!!!!
Actually I LOVED it and had the
best time with my Sweet L and
my girl from Down Under...
My Kimberly Mo!!!
It was a beautiful trail and just getting to visit
with these two was priceless!!!
This would be me still trying to
figure out how I got there!!!  ;)
Nature + Trendy actually did = Love
I love these two so much...
After a yummy lunch and more sitting
outside visiting, we went shopping!:)

Sweet Bells got a rabbit's foot!;)
That evening it was a fun dinner down town!
Such a beautiful night with my fave girls...
Seriously laughed sooooooooooooo hard that
night like it was still 1997 or so and we
were all out together.  I laugh with
and love with these girls so much!!!!!!!!!!!

HA!  This is us...........
I love how we all still get each other,
I love our memories,
I love our vibe group where
we text each other daily,
I love all of our secrets,
I love how we truly love and care
and pray for each other,
I love how we tell the same stories
over and over,
I love how we are there for each
other in the BEST of times
and in the WORST of times
and all the times in between,
I love how we each have a
role in this group of seven,
I love how even if you weren't there
at certain times with the group...you
now feel like you were because
we've told the stories so many times,
I love how much fun we had and have,
I love how we all had the Sunday night blues
after our weekend together,
I love how we haven't changed a bit ~
other than the fact that we have 18
precious little Petit NaNa's that are
our worlds now!!!
God has blessed us as friends
in countless ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

No comments: