Thursday, November 24, 2011

Bursting out in Thanksgiving!!!

I only thought we were thankful
last Thanksgiving
at Texas Neuro Hospital in Austin...
But that was nothing compared
to this Thanksgiving at my parents' house...
Last Thanksgiving...Travis could hardly
stay awake, could not focus,
and could not even really hold his head up.   
We had no idea if he would ever be more
than he was at that time.  We were
not given much hope at all.
This Thanksgiving...although Travis still can't
talk, walk or eat, he IS very much with us 
 in all other regards...laughing, smiling,
communicating in ways other than speech,
hugging us, letting us kiss on him,
making us laugh, teaching us how to
live no matter the odds,
LOVING us,
and showing us what a real life
miracle from God is like!!!
Read the latest update on Travis written
by my beautiful sister.  It is AMAZING
and VERY informative about his injuries.
Thank you for your prayers.

"The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me,
and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in THANKSGIVING."
Psalm 28:7

No comments: