Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy to be Home :)))

I was released from the hospital on
Wednesday afternoon :))) ...
with strict orders to take it easy;
take more antibiotics, pro-biotics, and vitamins
to build up my immune system
AND to rest!  By Saturday
I could not WAIT to get dressed
and go somewhere...even if it was
just to Target with my littles and my mother!!!
It was hard to believe that a week earlier,
I couldn't walk or hold anything down
and was in severe pain...
I couldn't help but wonder why I could
be healed so quickly and others...
like Travis aren't.  :(((
I know my sickness was minor
compared to Trav's and most, but still
I just wish so desperately that
his story was different.
At the same time, I couldn't have been
more grateful to be okay. 
I hadn't really realized how sick
I was until I started feeling better again. 
This little muffin top of mine had
the hardest time with mommy
not feeling well. 
God love her little heart!
My little stinker pot pie, on the other hand,
bonded with daddy in a whole new light;)
My babies mean everything to me
and I couldn't stand the three days
that I had to be away from them
stuck in the hospital.  :(
I missed their silly grins, their
sweet hugs and even their sometimes
 whiney little voices.......
My big boy love didn't seem too phased
by mommy being sick, but I knew he didn't
 like this situation one bit at all. 
God bless his fun-loving, sensitive little
heart, he was so quick to ask me
over and over again if I was okay
after I got home from the hospital. 
And to crawl in bed beside me
for extra snuggles! :)
I thought I had the "not taking anything
for granted" down pretty well...
but another little (or scary!) reminder
never hurts, I suppose! ;)
"So take nothing for granted.
Stay wide-awake in prayer.
Most of all,
love each other as if your life depended on it.
Love makes up for practically anything."

1 Peter 4:8

2 comments:

Mrs. Davison said...

Wow, Mindy, I'm sorry to hear you had a scare like this. To have to go into the hospital you must have been pretty bad. Take care of yourself, that's an order, seriously. I'm glad you are feeling better. You look great, but thinner. You will be in my prayers.

Beth E. said...

I am sooooo glad you are back home and feeling better! I didn't like hearing you were so sick...not one bit!

Take care of yourself, sweet friend.

Hugs...