Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sending Superman to San Antonio :(

God bless my kids' hearts...
they are being forced to learn a lot
through this whole ordeal with Travis.
They take it with such charisma
and innocence and sweetness.
Haddie wanted to know if he had
to leave Dallas because
"he had just stayed too long in Dallas?"
 And this little angel...
I swear he knows more than he
is telling us!  ha!
I always ask him if God is going
to make Travis better?
 I love it because he always
shakes his head for "yes"!!!
 And finally my Walker D...
just a heart of gold ~ especially for Travis.
God love this boy's kind heart.
 Look at those two looking at one another :) 
Such sweet kindred spirits......
 I love ALL my babies...
 Always have.  Always will.
No.Matter.What.
 A Superman Send-Off ...
 Scott & Travis
 I love you, Trav! :)
 A beautiful mama and her two handsome boys.
May God bless them ALL. 
 And then they were off to San Antonio.
Whether we like it or not,
this is where we must go.
I must admit I wrote a scathing letter
to the CEO of Scott & White Health Plans.
I'm sending it to their Board of Directors, too.
It's such a shame that they could
treat one of their members like this. 
I want them to maybe feel a moment
of the pain we feel for and with Travis.
Forcing him to leave a place
where he was getting the BEST possible
care...where he had found comfort
and HOPE despite his devastating
traumatic brain injury.  Now he is
back to a hospital setting, going from
six hours of therapy to three hours
of therapy a day, an additional hour and
a half further from his family...
and most of the day he will be alone
in a hospital room with no voice.
It breaks my heart
and it's not fair.
BUT...at the same time I KNOW
that God must have a hand in this...
there MUST be some reason for all this.
I am praying with ALL my heart
that there is SOMEBODY
who will truly be able to help
Travis...maybe a doctor, a nurse,
a therapist, a new friend...
someone...something
I have faith in that prayer. 
And I have faith in this verse I've
been reading over and over all day...

"The Lord will be with you
wherever you go."

Joshua 1:9

Thank you for praying for Travis
and my sister as they make this
new transition.  It took him and Lynna
from 1:30 to 8:00 to get to there today
due to holiday traffic and getting lost.  :(
My texts from Travis tonight
have not been positive either. :(((
God bless his heart.
We need BOLD prayers for him.
Thank you:)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Mindy! I didn't know this was the situation. Bold prayers my lovely. Chloe still talks about how Travis blanket fell off his legs and you picked it up for him. Crazy.

Kimberly said...

Oh Mindy! I didn't know this was the situation. Bold prayers my lovely. Chloe still talks about how Travis blanket fell off his legs and you picked it up for him. Crazy.