Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Davida/Nanny

On July 23rd Troy's step-mom
died unexpectedly and very tragically.
It broke our hearts to get that
call from Troy's Dad:(
 
Davida was such a special lady ~
so sweet and happy.
I can just picture her little giggle.
Davida was nothing but kind
to me from the day I met her
and Jack for the first time.
She and Troy's dad had been married
for over 30 years and I know
that Troy would say the same
thing about her in regards to being
his step-mom.  She was just a
sweet, sweet person. 
They live in New Mexico so
unfortunately we only get to see
them two or three times a year.
I've only been to their home in
New Mexico once and their
land is just beautiful. 
She loved it there so much. 
Davida was a precious soul
and we will miss her very much.
 
It's hard to picture Jack without
Davida.  I know he is lost right now and
I hate seeing Troy hurt for his dad. 
She will be very missed:(
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your hearts be troubled,
neither let them be afraid.
John 14:27
Davida especially loved Troy's sister
and his nieces and of course Troy. 
I am so sad for all of them.........................
but most of all, for Troy's Dad.
Just heartbreaking :(
 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalms 147:3
 
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you,
 for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 
 2 Corinthians 12:9 
I hope that Davida knew how much
we loved her...she was such a kind
Step-Mom and "Nanny" to our children. 
Troy attended her service in New Mexico,
 and he said it was very nice
and that so many people came to honor Davida.
Obviously she was very loved. 
Many prayers for Jack and the rest of her family...
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4


No comments: