Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Our First Summer Weekend

For a while now, we've been having
"baseball games" in our front yard
every evening.  I have made a
conscience decision to keep this up.
These moments are Priceless!!!!!!!!!
My very most favorite team
EVER!!!
A very, VERY rare scenario...
Walker & Mommy out just the two of us!!!
Even if it was only for a dreaded
hair cut (on his part).  This guy
is my baby...my sweet, handsome,
loving boy, but he's growing up too fast:(
We let the kids choose where to eat
that Saturday night...Fuddruckers it was.
AND...first quarter Huds put in,
he won these BLING leopard sunglasses!
He was sooooooooo proud!!!
Then THIS guy had to spend several
quarters to win himself these.......
My BLiNG KiNGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even with grills ;)
Sweet Sister couldn't win any :(
so that called for a quick trip to Target
where she found her some chevron ones!!! ;)
And they had to take several
selfies on the iPhones there!!!
We finished off with a fun
visit to Grandmother & PaPa's where
the kids entertained us all!!!
The next day was a rainy, stormy
Sunday at church...
I couldn't help but take a picture
when I saw these three four year olds
all born within two days of each other
lined up at the window!
Jack, Kolton, Hudson
Miss Pierce went a little SeLFiE crazy!!!!!
Some Sunday mornings, she's more
helpful than other Sunday mornings!!!!!!  ;)
That afternoon Sister and I took a little
shopping trip!  She picked out a new
wallet and used some of her birthday money! :)
Also that night Daddy surprised
Walker with a "way to work so hard
in everything you do" gift...
A pair of Oakleys for baseball!!!
And just in time for his camps
that started the next day:)
As summer starts, my hope and prayer
is to truly cherish each day with my
children.  There are lots of things that
race through my mind and here lately,
I've found some posts on Facebook
that adequately capture my thoughts...
 
 I feel like Troy and I
really are trying to do the right thing
when it comes to raising our kids
and living our lives.  It's hard though.
Sometimes I notice people who
don't seem to be making the right
choices (and I know it's not my place to
 notice!);  but yet, they are living quite
the life.  It's not that I'm jealous because
I truly love my little life and wouldn't
trade it for anything.  It's just that
I know people who have to struggle
each day to pretty much survive,
I know people fighting cancer,
I know people caring for loved ones,
I know people pleading to God
for healing for their children
AND I want good things to
come THEIR way!!!!!!!!!
I want good things to come
my children's ways!!!
SO, I do what I know to do...
I continue trying to live the life
God intends for me
and sharing about His love!!! 

This also caught my attention...
I especially liked the part about
being a Christian who "lives Christ
seven days a week"!!!
A summer/life goal...
I'm so thankful for SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A time to rest, rejuvenate, organize,
and have sooooo much FUN!!!!!!!!!
 

1 comment:

snekcip said...

Happy Summer to your sweet babies!! I didn't ANYONE EVER won anything in that game. That's a FIRST!! Bre has spun somewhere around....oh ten bucks over a few months trying to win a 1.00 value golden chain she is determined to win at the local pizza place. She has tons of the "cheap jewelry" in her jewelry box, but it's something about "catching it in the machine"! Kids!!

BTW...I love those quotes!! You have a beautiful family, most would LOVE to have what you have!