Friday, July 18, 2014

Coming Up for Our Superman

This guy...
God bless his very soul.
He's such a mess!
I don't know how he keeps the
attitude he does.
Speaking honestly, his life
pretty much sucks. 
Not a word I often use,
but in this case...it's just fitting.
He still can't talk, can't eat,
drools, and barely walks unassisted.
YET he is the strongest, most
amazing person I know.
Insurance has cut out so he
doesn't get to have therapy. 
He's pretty much stuck at home
sitting in a chair with Facebook
and the TV.  He does work out
by walking on the treadmill,
he writes posts for his blog
and works on things like learning
to button his shirts and pants all
over again.  It's just a hard, hard life.
But he keeps on keepin' on.
Flashing that million dollar smile.
Impacting people of all sorts
in the most random of places...
Asking me to put a card for
Hunter on his birthday on his bed.
Travis used to have the most
perfect penmanship for a guy.
I feel like I'll miss what could have been for
this guy all the days of my life,
but I think God will surprise me
when I least expect it with a true
aha moment and then I'll know.
It might not be this side of Heaven,
and that's okay...not easy...but okay!
I recently read an article called,
"What To Do When You Wanted
Your Story to Be Different"...
It was such a great read!
 I really don't question God because
I have a deep rooted faith
 and I trust what I know to be true
 about God's promises,
but I still have a very hard time
grasping the realities that so
many I know are facing ~ not just Trav.
  Such suffering and sadness and sickness...
it just makes my heart ache.
But the article mentioned 
"It's seeing Jesus that will finally heal our hearts."
AND I Love that!!! 
 The ultimate "aha moment" when we
 meet Jesus and everything will make
 perfect sense....I know that doesn't really
make the day to day struggles that
so many face easier, but it does give HOPE...
the ultimate light at the end of the tunnel.
By the grace of God, some
federal funding has become available
for Travis to be able to return to
CNS, the brain rehab place in Dallas
where Travis made such progress
before insurance cut out on him at
that time.  They loved him at CNS
and we loved it there, too.
On July 22nd, he is returning there!!!
It will be SO HARD not having him
close and I just cry thinking
about it:( but I know it's what
he desperately needs.
He's excited, too!!!
He knows he needs it, but it will
be hard...harder than he realizes yet
because he doesn't really remember
his time there since he was still
not completely with us at that time.
PLEASE join me in praying for him
and what lies ahead.  Pray for
him to heal more.  Pray for more
miracles.  Pray for acceptance.
Pray for purpose for his life.
Pray for a friend for him.
Pray for a girl to love him
and for him to love. 
Please just pray for him.
I am so thankful for Travis
and just can't wait to know
the meaning in all of this!!!!!
I know it will be worth it:)
Thank you for praying for our Superman.
 

No comments: