Friday, January 17, 2014

BOO to the FLU

 I took this picture last Friday before
school of our "Morning Crew"...
Haddie excited for PJ day,
two cool fifth grade boys
and Hudson so proud in his
new Aggie hoodie ~ one week
away from turning FouR!
ALL so happy:)
Hudson was fine all morning
but when I picked him up at noon,
a fever hit and I knew my baby
boy was sick:(((
Thankfully, I called our doctor and he
was kind enough to let me bring
Hudson straight in even though
he was booked solid that Friday afternoon.
Sure enough, Sweet Boy tested
positive for the flu:(
He felt AWFuL.
When we were walking out of the clinic,
Hudson told me to look at the HEART
he spotted on the ground.
He has the sweetest heart and spirit. 
Sometimes I think he might be an angel!
Poor guy didn't leave my bed the rest
of that day/night except to go potty once.
He ran 104 temps even with Motrin. 
Thank Goodness, our doctor let us come
in and that we started him
on flu medicine so quickly...
I knew he was really sick when
Dr. Graham asked him if he was going
to play football for A&M or Baylor
(Dr. G knowing my love for Baylor...
and my husband's disdain for it).
Hudson said, "Baylor"!!!
As soon as Dr. G walked out,
Hudson said, "Don't tell
Walker or Daddy I said that."
Walker and Hadlee were SCARED to
death to get the flu!  Walker put on
some protection so he could be near
Hudson for a minute;)
We were SOOOO thankful when Huds woke
up feeling much better Saturday. 
We were amazed at how quickly he
bounced back.  He still had fever and
was puny but nothing like he had
been the day before.  He's tough:)
We watched Despicable Me 2
in my room on Saturday night.
Such a cute movie:)
Walker and Hadlee had a pallet...
Huds got to be in our bed:)
 
All weekend he kept asking me when
we could kiss on the lips again;(
I love this child so much. 
 
He is PuRE LoVE.

No comments: