Sunday, December 13, 2009

That's My Boy

Walker is SO proud of his blue tree!
He decorated it all by himself...
(He was outside playing so he was decked in his winter gear!)
I had to have Grandmother in the picture
because she has basically bought all
of the ornaments for their trees.

She stopped by last Saturday with a
new Rudolph one for Walker &
today it was a Star Wars one...
Speaking of winter gear,
Walker seems to be wearing his A LOT
these days. I love going through the car pool
line because I can easily spot my
abominable snowman with the first graders...
he's always out there in his big puffy camo
coat, hat, gloves and his latest ~ a camo scarf!!!

Had to get that scarf around his neck...

Walker's latest activity is a fave of mine...
BASKETBALL!!!He has a little sidekick who can't seem to
get enough of her Big Bro...
and he usually doesn't mind one bit!Grandmother and PaPa, the biggest b-ball fans
of all, got Hadlee this pink ball. In her mind,
if Bubba is doing it, then so should she!!!I'll tell you what...my boy can play
some serious defense!
ON BOTH ENDS of THE COURT!!! ha!
He never lets his man out of his sight!
Here he is showing me some
of his awesome defensive moves...He ran and got his Globetrotter ball
since he was doing tricks!I never know what to expect with this kid.
I think his teachers are learning that, too.
I've heard that one minute they will see him
fully swaddled in his winter gear and the
next minute he's stripped down to his
white undershirt (and jeans thank Goodness!)
sitting at his desk!

Just tonight, I told Walker to get
his pj's on after his shower.
This is what I found next...
Walker, you are a hoot and a holler!

I think I would be bored without YOU!!!
I love you!!!

5 comments:

angie said...

He's so well behaved Mindy!! In HH he always participates and follows directions and is VERY kind and thoughtful to the other kids! I love this post because it reminds me of my little guy...the basketball, the blue tree, the little sister, and the funny PJ's. He really is a JOY!
Ps
I'm betting Walker is a better performer than my blessed Ryan:-).

Beth E. said...

Your family would just fit right in with mine...that Walker's definitely a hoot! ;-) Tell him I think his tree is awesome!

melanie, aka Mo said...

Hey Mindy. I haven't forgotten about your friend's canvas. I am just trying to stay ahead of my CHristmas orders! Would love to pledge a care package to W's tree. I LOVE helping kids get fired up about Christmas. Buuuutttttt, I actually know that my intentions and my actions sometimes get out of whack! So, for now, know that I wished I lived closer and could get them right over to you! Mo

Amanda said...

Oh, I just love reading about that boy because, again, his likes and personality reminds me SO much of Mason. He keeps you on your toes, doesn't he!!

Shannon said...

I love the basketball pictures! Landon is playing bball now and R wants to so badly! I think Mimi is getting her a ball for Christmas....where on earth did the pink one come from? She would LOVE it!