Monday, December 28, 2009

Believing in Santa!!!

Being the baby in my family by many years,
I was spoiled rotten...especially at Christmas.
At the same time, it was instilled
in me to be extremely grateful and giving.
I always knew the true meaning of Christmas,
but we also celebrated Santa in a BIG way.
I hope I am carrying on the same
traditions and ideals with my own family...
because boy do I LOVE buying gifts
for my babies!!! Luckily so does Troy!
As a child, I believed in Santa for a LONG, long
time. I don't know how old I was when I
overheard my sister late one Christmas
night after I was forced to bed tell
my mom to move the Coca Cola shirt
(remember those rugby Coke shirts?!?).
It was at that moment I then knew.
I'm thinking that was like fifth grade!!! ha!

Therefore I LOVE love LOVE it
that this seven year old...
(unless he's really tricking us)
truly believes in Santa!!!

PURE EXCITMENT! AN I-Touch!!!

PURE EXCITEMENT for everything!!!It's sometimes the little things that
make her most happy...She got her cupcake maker!I-Touch Crazy...Hadlee has wanted this little mini-van for
a long time. For some reason, she calls
it her "rubber ban" so now we all do!Santa just couldn't possibly leave
out Baby Boy Love!!!
Looks like Santa might have a name
for him picked out!
This Christmas was ALL ABOUT
STAR WARS for SkyWalker Pierce.Hadlee kept hugging me...she didn't know what to think!This kid LOVES to play and that makes it so
much fun to buy for him!
He has such an imagination.We opened more presents under the tree...
both Walker & Haddie are at a quantity is better
than quality stage as far as opening gifts go!!!Little Sister was really impressed by
Bubba's new gadget...
I think the next two pics are funny because
they are the only ones of Troy and me opening
gifts and it looks like we are both asleep in them!
Could we have been tired?
Or could it have been Walker's desperate
attempt to start the day at 1:30 AM?!?!?!?!?
Look what Walker got for Baby Brother...And look what Baby Brother
got for his Big Sister...Such a happy morning...I was so thankful to be at my home
with my healthy, loving, sweet kids
celebrating Jesus's birthday in a
BIG WAY!!!The rest of the morning was spent
playing, playing, playing,...and playing some more!!!Troy and I also caught a glimpse into the future...While the kids were taking a bath to get ready
to go, they started talking about Santa.
I chimed in by saying that I was really surprised
at all they got because sometimes I worried
if Santa would bring them anything with the
way they had behaved at times.
Walker looked at his sister and said,
"Yeah, I know.
We really pulled this one off."

7 comments:

mama's smitten said...

Precious ! Im pretty sure my 7 year old still believes too! Hey Im wearing those pj bottoms now ! Gotta love Target! Glad you had a Merry Christmas. You have a beautiful family!

Beck said...

I have the same PJ bottoms! Guess we all shop at Target too much (; I have something else to comment on, but it will be too long for here, so I will email you in the morning!

Rhonda said...

I love EVERYTHING about this post! So perfect and so sweet! And an iTouch for Walker?! That is what Savannah received last year and, believe me, Santa did good on that - she still uses it every single day! So are you going to share Baby Love's name?! Or make us wait until his arrival?!? May the happiness and excitement of Santa Claus continue in your home for many, many years to come!

Ally said...

Awe so precious!! Such wonderful memories. I can't wait until my Hannah knows about Santa, this year she just slept away. Cant wait to see pics of baby boy love when he makes his grand entrance!!

Beth E. said...

Hahaha! Walker cracks me UP! Way to pull one off, Walker! lol

Your pics bring back fond memories of when our boys were young. We still make great memories, it's just different when they are grown!

I'm glad you all had such a wonderful Christmas.

Now...you've got me thinkin' about Baby Love's name! Funny...I thought for sure there'd be a "C" for Cosmo in that monogram! ;-)

Hugs,
Beth

angie said...

Did I just catch baby Pierce's initals???!!! Oh now the guessing can begin:-). What a fun morning. We do Santa in a big way too. I love all the playing pictures and I bet you are getting so ready. He's almost here!!!! I can't wait to see the office and the completed nursery. Such a fun time in your house.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, this is what I get for not blogging in 1,000 years! :) Do I see.........Baby's Loves initials! Could it be? I think it is! I wouldn't dare guess, but it looks like I can get to work! I really phoned a physic and they told me! ;) LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT....if it's really what I think!!!!!!! He he! So excited for you!!!! And, I love those two littles too!