Friday, December 4, 2009

"I Love Snow Days"

Snow in Central Texas is a BIG deal!
We knew it was on its way this afternoon
and we were ready..................
Walker was SO PUMPED as he headed off to
school this morning. He couldn't wait to
wear his gloves, his big camo coat
and his new winter hat!!!
I LOVE this kid's gusto for life!
The snow storm hit around noon.
Okay, let me be honest...the thirty minutes
of snow flurries.................BUT stttttiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllll!!!
Thankfully, Walker's amazing
first grade teachers
took his class out to play in the snow!
Apparently, Walker loved every second of it...
while my Snow Princess wanted to be out in
it for maybe about three seconds!!!

Like father like son!
Like mother like daughter!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aaawww! Cutie Pies!! Jillian and Dylan were SOOOO excited today, too. I could barely get Dylan to come in. He was a little ice cube after all of his running in the snow. As I watched him outside I kept thinking of my sweet Jilly Bean cooped up at school and missing the snow. Low and behold when she got home, she told me she played in the snow, too! I was so HAPPY!!! These little moments of joy make my heart so full.

Brandi said...

LOVE the kids' toboggons!! Way cute!! Yeah, it snowed HARD for a whole 5 minutes here..hehe!!! Red and white leggings are actually baby legs, red and pink are Matilda Jane.

Beck said...

You should know that we use the term "like father like son, like mother like daughter" around here daily!! Brynne has that same snow day shirt and we have it ready to go! We are supposed to get snow tomorrow. Hopefully not too much though. 30 minutes of flurries would be perfect, because it would melt pretty fast (: Hope you have a great weekend!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Cutest little snowbunny! Precious pics of your two kiddos. Landry was so excited it was snowing on our way home from Walmart that we even opened the sun roof in the car and it snowed on us as we drove. ha!

Rhonda said...

I understand completely - snow in North Texas is a BIG deal, too! We had a few flurries on Tuesday I believe it was! It was so funny because everyone was SO excited and going crazy - and our snow storm literally looked about like yours!!! Our teachers took the kids outside, too! Only in Texas - where a few flurries is HUGE!!! Love the bundled up kids and especially Hadlee's very appropriate shirt! I don't know about yall, but in DFW - IT IS COLD!!!! AND I MEAN FREEZING!!!! Again, nothing compared to the northern part of the country, but for Texas - IT'S COLD!

Beth E. said...

We got about three inches of snow today! It stuck to the trees and the grass, but not the roads. Now that's MY kind of snow!

I'm glad those sweet kiddos enjoyed themselves...and I don't blame Haddie a bit for wanting to get back inside where she could stay warm and dry! ;-)