Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rethinking My Purchases

Troy's air conditioner for his new office
arrived in a big, BIG box with a lid!
You would have thought Santa had left the
box for my kids...they were that happy about it!!!
They played in this box for two days straight...
It was a "house", a Star Wars ship...AND a bed!!! Walker wasn't kidding about
sleeping in the box that night...but don't
worry Daddy moved him to his real bed!The very next morning
Troy and I heard Walker on the monitor
go into Hadlee's room whispering for her
to wake up. Without saying a word to us,
they came in our room and hopped right
back into their box to resume their playing!!!I've really been rethinking all the gifts
that I bought for them!!!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

LIVIN IN A BOX.....LIVIN IN A CARDBOARD BOX!!! :)

Beth E. said...

When I was growing up, we lived a couple of houses away from a furniture store. The workers would give us (sister, brother, and me) the big boxes. We LOVED playing with them! We would connect them, pretending we had a house. We would draw windows on the boxes, and my mother would cut them out for us.

Who needs toys anyway? ;-)

MLP said...

KIMBERLY!!! That was almost the title to my post! Then I realized only tne Na Na's would get it! FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

LOVE times like these!!!!!

And THOSE are the times they will always remember as well!!!!