Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Where the Wild Things WERE

One day last month, Walker was SO EXCITED
because he finally got the chance to check
THIS book out from the school library...It just so happened that the movie theater
version of the book was coming out
that very Friday!
So, Walker had some BIG plans to make...

For way over an hour, Walker sat at the kitchen table making a list of who all he was inviting to the movie with him. Then he created a seating chart AND a list of good rules as well as bad rules. I was mesmerized by his planning, thought and of course the "blue prints". He informed me that he would need a cake. I reminded him that it wasn't his birthday party, but he told me it was "still a celebration"!!!

All the while, I thought he knew this was all for pretend?!?Come to find out (through a hilarious call from his teacher the next day!), Walker was quite serious about these plans AND his guest list. So much so that he invited his entire class to come on Friday with us to the movie!!! Some of the students even asked the teacher if they needed a permission slip from their parents to go. OH MY...this kid and his imagination!!!
After some mommy modifications to his movie blueprints, we told Walker he could invite one friend from his class and Hadlee got to have Kate Kate join her!

How cute is this couple in their 'school' shirts!?!
I LOVE THIS PICTURE!

Unfortunately, the movie was AWFUL!!!
I'm talking TERRIBLE...
we couldn't believe it.
Hadlee still mentions how bad
it was every single time we pass the theater!T-dawg was not happy with me either!
I guess next time I need to research
our movies a little better...
but come on, the book is cute!Regardless, we had a FUN time with two
sweet friends on a Friday night!!!Besides, I don't need to know where the wild things are because they are most always WITH ME!!!

6 comments:

angie said...

Walker cracks me up the seating chart is so funny! I love a good plan:-). Sorry the movie was awful, thankfully we didn't see it yet! I love the picture of Kate & Walker in their spirit shirts-too cute.

Rhonda said...

It sounds Walker is the perfect combination of Mommy and Daddy ~ a little engineer with his blue print design (Daddy) and a cake for the celebration....just like Mommy ~ everything is a CELEBRATION! You have taught him well!!! A fun Friday night with sweet friends!

Shannon said...

YOU ARE RIGHT.....it was by far one of the worst movies ever. My mom and I took the kids and we just sat there staring at each other back and forth with looks that said WHAT IN THE HECK??? So glad we are not the only ones who feel this way about this movie! THE PITS!!!

Ally said...

So cute. That was one of my favorite books when I was little! Sorry the movie was bad. Walker is so funny with all his planning!!

Thanks for the comment, We are so blessed and over flowing with JOY!!!

Beth E. said...

What a kind and generous heart Walker has! It' so very sweet of him to want to include everyone in his class. Wish I could've seen your face when you got the call from his teacher! lol

Sorry about the movie. I hate when that happens!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Boy are we glad we talked to you guys about the movie! It was on our list of things to do with the kids. Whew! ha. Walker has me rolling over here! He is a hoot. Love that boy!!!