Monday, November 16, 2009

A Song in Her Heart

My Princess Pie has a...
Song in her Heart
and I have one person to thank for that.
(Well, actually the Good Lord and this person!)

This is Mrs. Janice, the lady (or angel) that
Hadlee stays with in the mornings...
Some of you might remember that right before
the school year I changed my mind on Hadlee's
pre-school plans and decided to leave her with
Janice. The Good Lord knew this is
just.what.Haddie.needed!!!

Two weeks into staying with Mrs. Janice,
Hadlee asked me to get a flag out. She then told
me to put my hand over my heart.
THEN, she recited the Pledge of Allegiance!!!
Are you kidding me?!? I was floored.
You guessed it, Mrs. Janice had taught her.

Now we are over three months in and
Hadlee knows all of her alphabet letters,
the days of the week, ALL TWELVE MONTHS,
sounds, numbers, and so much more.
Troy and I have truly been amazed!!!
They do art every day and I have been
receiving absolute treasures that I will
cherish and keep forever...
WHO is the most wonderful person???
Mrs. Janice! I mean how precious is this...
Look at my Haddie's hands that she herself
glued on for this wreath...
Who needs any fall decorations when I have
these treasures to display?Mrs. Janice is also the one who has
taught Hadlee how to play games.
Haddie recently asked me if we had Bingo.
I searched the game closet and found
Walker's old Clifford Bingo game.
When we sat down to play, Hadlee
let me know right off that she wanted
to call out the letters!!! Excuse me?But the absolute BEST of all,
is the Song in Haddie's Heart.
Mrs. Janice has taught her all kinds of songs
and Hadlee sings all.the.time.now!
It is beyond words.
She sings Jesus Loves Me,
Jesus Loves the Little Children,
Who is the King of the Jungle?,
Days of the Week, and the
list could go on and on and on.
To hear my little girl sing,
"Zacchaeus, You Come Down!"
has to be one of THE cutest things
I've ever heard.

Hadlee begs to go to Mrs. Janice's
even on Saturdays and Sundays.
Angels do live amongst us and we
found one to keep our little princess
each morning. WE ARE BLESSED!!!
Mrs. Janice is like the perfect
Sunday School teacher, preschool
teacher, and caring mother all rolled into one.

Troy and I truly couldn't be more thankful.
I mean we really, really couldn't be.
My Sweet Hadlee McCall,
May you always have people like Mrs. Janice
in your life. She is one of a kind and
I hope someday you will realize
how blessed you are to have had her
to keep you. She has taught you so much
and she loves you in such a sweet way.
May you also keep this beautiful
song in your heart.
Hearing you sing for daddy and me,
or when I just catch you singing to
yourself is the absolute sweetest
sound I've ever heard.

Thank you, Mrs. Janice!!!

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

You are blessed, indeed...Mrs. Janice sounds like a real jewel!

I remember the Zacchaeus song! I sang it when I was a little girl...a very loooong time ago! ;-)

Your children are such a delight. They make me smile every time I see their sweet pictures!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Oh Mindy, I forgot to tell you about her singing to me the butterfly song and Mary had a little lamb. Landry asked how does Haddie know all those songs? ha! It was too precious!!! What a blessing Mrs. Janice is. Sweet Haddie cakes!

Shannon said...

So sweet! What a tresure you have in Mrs. Janice! I can just picture that sweet girl singing all those songs. (my favorite has to be the King of the Jungle song!)

angie said...

Thank you is right! Amazing work little miss Hadlee:-).

Karson & Alison said...

I love my momma. I wish I could see y'all more, I hardly ever see the kids and especially Haddie since she is there half a day.