Sunday, November 15, 2009

First Grade is a Zoo

I mean, "First Grade AT the Zoo"!!!

I was so excited to be able to attend
Walker's first first grade field trip!
This was my gang...

CRIKEY...why my son loves the King Cobra, I just don't know!?! As usual, Walker insisted I take this pic!

I took this pic just because owls are so in style right now!
These little Indians had a ball!
"Hello, Mr. Jaguar...
I hope you didn't notice my shoes!!!"I truly always thought I'd be an all-boy mom
which would have been fine.
My Haddie is really a SUPER SWEET bonus
that I would NOT give up for anything!
All that to say, I was thinking about the boy
mama thing because this is basically
what my afternoon looked like chasing
after these crazy little guys...
And you know what? I LOVED IT!I love that Walker is making new friends
yet keeping his old ones, too!Walker is a good buddy...
makes this mama so proud!!!
Such a GREAT class...with GREAT teachers!!!

A day like this really makes me give extra thanks...for one, that I was able to attend and, two, for an amazing school, teachers, friends and awesome opportunities for my Walker Man!

7 comments:

Beth E. said...

I remember field trips! We always had such fun. I used to be in charge of groups of boys, too. It was a great time, but I was always worn out by the time we got home!

You and Baby Love did great! Pregnancy becomes you, Mindy. You're beautiful! No swollen feet, no extra weight...just a cute little baby bump. :-)

I'm glad you and Walker had such a great time!

Amanda said...

Such a cute post! He sure is one confident boy and I just LOVE that!
What's up with you not even LOOKING pregnant. Okay, I may have to reevaluate our friendship, ha! ;)

Getting close (yeeeeee!).. post some baby news!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Who doesn't LOVE this sweet, fun boy? Walker is one amazing kid! The 3L's would vote him as their fave buddy. Love the zoo pics!!!

Rhonda said...

Field trips are the best! Although I will admit, I am much more exhausted after a day with elementary children than I EVER am after a day at work!!

It's great to see Walker having such a fun time with friends! And I love your cheetah print flats, to match the zoo decor!!!!! :)

angie said...

Love your shoes! Aaahhh the wonderful Waco zoo-close, clean, and every animal you can imagine. I just love our little town. Great pictures of 6 & 7 year old boys, and so true!! They never ever stop. I'm so glad you got to go with them to the zoo. Such sweet memories.

Karen At Home Blog said...

Love the shoes Mindy!!!!

Beck said...

Excuse me!!! WHERE is your baby bump? You have got to be kidding me! Such a beautiful preggo Mama you are <3