Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Snuggie for my 70 Year Old Dad

November 8th was my Dad's 70th Birthday!
So, we had to CeLEbrATE in a BiG way...
My mom made her delicious chicken
spaghetti and we had pizza for the kids.
But what has happened?!?
I, the baby of the family, used to be at the "kid" table...We had the best time celebrating our
one and only, one of a kind Dad/PaPa!!!
Six grandkids and one on the way!
I'm thinking a perfect seven for my parents!!!

We laughed because we told him to sit in this chair for pictures (not his favorite past time). Then we started joking that it looked like he was in a wheel chair for all the pictures!!! hee hee!Dad never lets anyone forget that he married an older woman. My mother just turned 71!"DAD"...(The only way Troy refers to him!)We sat in the living room for the longest just visiting...nothing better than that!I love thinking about how much Macy loves her little brother. I hope that's how Hadlee will be to Baby Cosmo Love...

Then it was time to sing and celebrate!!!Helper Haddie with the gifts...she was the only "kid" who stuck around for gift time!!! She loves her PaPa!My dad is THE hardest person to buy for...he really has no wants. We mainly give him gift cards. He will never tell us anything that he wants. In his older age, though, we've noticed that he gets rather cold... so we got him a SNUGGIE!!!It was quite the hit with everyone!!!
I searched high and low for a Baylor one,
but Baylor hasn't made the Snuggie list just yet!To all of our surprise, we had a
Snuggie model appear out of nowhere...But then we thought he was a monk
and he tried to bless my sister...We quickly realized that was NOT the case,
so he decided it was time for
Dad to get a hair cut...Oh, the many uses of the Snuggie
(and my hilarious husband!)!I doubt we'll ever see my dad in the
Snuggie again, but boy did it provide
some entertainment!!!There is nothing like the comfort of
your family and I love being reminded of that.There is also nothing like the love
that my dad has ALWAYS shown me!!!Happy 70th Birthday, Dad/PaPa!
We love you!!!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

This is great, I had a huge smile and laugh on my face the whole time. I'm pretty sure I've told you this before, but your dad reminds me SO much of my dad. Looks and all. Happy 70th to him! Oh and my mom robbed the cradle as well. My dad is 2 years yourger than my mom.

melanie, aka Mo said...

Heeelarious! I think we need to get our families together. Talk about a riot! Todd told me he was going to get me a Snuggie last year for Christmas, but they didn't have any good colors. But wait! What? Now they have designer colors! But wati! That's not all. Now they have cheetah print! But wait! And can you have ANY more fun than that dude on the commercial who high fives everybody!?

Glad to see how close your family remains. There is nothing more important! Mo

Shannon said...

DON'T KNOCK THE SNUGGIES!!! I will have you know that the Brown family owns three. I have one and Landon and Reagan both have one. (Did you know they make kid snuggies?)

Love the pictures! Such a sweet family and I still love that wonderful mom of yours! Give her a hug from me.

angie said...

Bahahahaha!! The snuggie, the perfect gift! What a fun night with your precious family. I love how you guys party! One of the biggest blessings in my life is that we live so close to our families. I love that you do too! Happy 70th PaPa !

Beth E. said...

Awwww...Mindy, your dad is so sweet! Looks like he had a wonderful day with his family.

The pictures are great....the Snuggie was hilarious! lol

P.S. My dad will be 80 in July. He's a sweetheart, just like YOUR dad. The grandkids also call my dad Papa!

Rhonda said...

I love Papa's SNUGGIE! And I bet he does, too! Mark surprised me with a leopard print snuggie a couple of weeks ago ~ I was SO EXCITED! Savannah is getting a zebra print with peace signs Snuggie for Christmas! I love love love mine!!!! I thoroghly enjoyed the pictures of all your family! We haven't seen them on the blog in a while! I'm glad to see everyone is doing well!