Sunday, November 29, 2009

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

This is a hodge podge post of a few things
we've been doing lately...

First of all, playing a lot of games!!!
Makes me so happy when they play
them together (nicely anyways!).

Walker had a fun pancake breakfast the day before the Thanksgiving holiday in his class. Such a special treat because Kate Kate was there with Mrs. Gingerich!Of course he and his crazy friends were all about the breakfast in class!Walker's "Froggie Frogs" as Hadlee and I call them had to get some TLC from Walker & Daddy in the way of a new snail to clean their cage. Walker often changes their names. Currently the post-it note in front of them say their names are "Bob" and "George". Princess Pie received a little plastic orange fish at Sunday School so she had to have her own fish bowl and within five minutes her fish ("Big Orange") had to have a new bowl! She's been watching Daddy and Bubba do this for Big Blue...WOOOOOO Big Mama...I will hit 33 weeks tomorrow! This little LOVE is still so crazy in my belly! Waaaaaaaaaaaaay more active than Hadlee and Walker ever were! I love the little stinker so much it already hurts!
Saturday we had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving with Troy's side of the family. Just like on Thursday, I only took a few pictures! What is my deal? I think it's my big belly slowing me down!!!

I am most disappointed because I didn't get a picture of Troy's sweet Grandma and PaPa Robinett whom we love DEARLY! As usual, they and Troy's aunts hosted the Thanksgiving meal at the church (such a BIG, FUN family!). The kids have a BALL playing in the gym and in the nursery. Lucky for us, Grandma Pierce came along, too! We are so blessed with amazing GREAT Grandparents on Troy's side of the family. I am blessed by his entire family really!
We are always sad to say good-bye to them though...of course I didn't leave empty handed from either place. A pecan pie from Grandma Pierce and banana nut cake from Grandma Robinett!!! Yummmmmmmmmmmy!
Finally I leave you with what my kids are eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day since Thanksgiving...PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE! Many of you know how very, very picky my children are (have no clue where they got it from...ha ha!) so it's definitely an interesting choice for them. My mother makes this cake and it is Walker and Hadlee's FAVORITE! It is the first thing they want when they wake up, then for dessert after lunch and dinner, and sometimes to snack on throughout the day! We've been through THREE since Wednesday!!! There is ALWAYS a fight as to who gets the last piece. Troy loves it, too...but bless his heart, he never gets any because the kids get to it so fast!

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord..."

Psalm 92:1

Have a WONDERFUL week!!!

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday weekend!

The pictures are great....you are NOT a big mama! You have the cutest little tummy. How exciting to watch Baby Love growing. :-) He'll be here before you know it!

Have a great week, Mindy...

Hugs,
Beth

angie said...

Yum! I love that pumpkin bread too. 33 weeks!!!! What? Little Anakin Cosmo is going to be here really soon. Awesome. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We do have so much to be thankful for don't we?! I am thankful for you too!

Shannon said...

JUST 7 MORE WEEKS TO GO??? IT HAS FLOWN! You look amazing as always and I cannot wait to see this precious boy's face!

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

yummy yummy, I want some Pumpkin Spice cake too:D

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I love seeing those sweet smiling faces of Walkman and Haddie cakes!
Also, that beautiful belly full of baby boy Love!

Mmmmm....I think I will be stopping by your house for some cake! Dang, that looks sooooo goood.

Glad you guys had a HAPPY Thanksgiving!