Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mr. Valis

Early this morning, Troy received a call
while at the deer lease with the sad news
that his good friend, Louis Valis, had
suddenly died from a heart attack
while at his own deer lease with his son.
We are truly heartbroken over the loss of
Louis. He was such a wonderful Christian,
husband, father and friend.

He was Troy's former boss, he built our home,
he was currently building our new addition,
and he was just an all around great friend.
I've always loved to hear my kids talk
about "Mr. Valis". He was so generous
and let us swim in his pool every single summer.
Walker loved when Mr. Valis would stop by
and I'm so glad he did this last Wednesday.

His wife and three teenage children are just
as wonderful as him. This is so sad.
Today I was talking to his oldest daughter
and I told her how proud Louis was of
the three of them. Her response was,
"We were so proud of him."
My heart hurts deeply for this family.
Life is too precious.

We were always guaranteed one year a night
with Louis and Carla. We always looked forward
to Cattle Barron's Ball with them
and we lived it up!!!
It was Louis who got Troy started volunteering
with the Cancer Society and this event.
Louis was such a good man.
This was 2006...

Sweet Carla...we are going to hold her so very close in our prayers. I just can't even imagine.Louis and Carla have always been sort of role models for Troy and me. They are just that family that you admire for all the right reasons.

This was 2007...we always had the best time!

Troy has always had a great respect and love for Louis. He has been an incredible friend to Troy. Louis would do anything in the world for you.

In 2008...

Such a sweet couple...

2009...

Carla and I have always joked that Louis was "God's Gift" because everyone was always bragging on him and he was always doing so much for everyone. Then we started joking that Troy was following in his footsteps, so we now had "God's Gift Jr". Louis was a great person for my man to be following after. I know that.

Unfortunately for his sweet family and the rest of us, God wanted his gift back.

"LV",
you are loved by many and you will be
so, so missed!!!

12 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I am just in tears reading this. Praying ever so hard right now for this mom and her children. Praying on....

Amanda said...

How terribly sad. Glad this man made such a great impression on the world around him. Praying for his family.

Beck said...

So sorry for the loss of your dear friend! This is a wonderful and touching post that his 3 kids will read years and years from now and know how special their father was to those around him! Feeling sad for your family, and praying for his!!

Kimberly said...

This breaks my heart, Mindy. So sorry.

melanie, aka Mo said...

i am crying too. Your words were such a perfect description of Mr. Valis, and you feel like you know him by reading. Everyone has this kind of person in their lives, so I think we can all relate. and what a trememendous loss! When you can stop and get your head around it, I would like to make that family a canvas. Be thinking about what would make a nice Memory for them. Mel

Katy said...

I'm so sad to hear about the loss of your sweet friend! I will be praying for this family. I can't even imagine what they're going through.

angie said...

What a great testimony of a wonderful life. I am so sorry Mindy, that makes me appreciate today! I will be praying for his family.

KKGrimmer said...

Louis sounded like a great christian man that anybody would look up to. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for his friends and family.

Beth E. said...

Mindy,
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. He looks so young in his pictures!

My heart hurts for his wife and children. I'll be praying for his family AND his friends.

Hugs,
Beth

Unknown said...

I truly loved this man. My heart is empty right now. I will always cherish the memories of Louis and his beautiful family. He was and always will be an inspriation to me. I will miss him deeply. Thank you Mindy for posting this. I hope there is never a day you doubt the love I have for you and my family. This experience truly shows how fragile life can be.

Unknown said...

Mindy - I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers!

Shannon said...

Oh Mindy - what an incredible post for an obviously amazing man. Please know you, Troy and everyone who knew him are in my prayers!