Monday, November 23, 2009

Turkey Talk

In light of a recent turkey project
that Walker had to complete for school,
I thought it was time for some
Turkey Talk
about my favorite little turkey, Walker! Walker has always been very funny to us.
There's just something about this kid and his
quirky, fun-loving little personality that I
can't get enough of. There is so much about
him that I don't want to ever forget.This was actually a "family project".
Troy came up with making the turkey
feathers out of paper mache using the
eraser on a pencil. Troy remembered
doing that in elementary school and
Walker thought it was cool!

You can have two guesses as to who thought of the Aggie outfit for the turkey. I bet both of your guesses will be right...#1 Walker #2 Troy.

Walker is a blast and he lives life to the fullest. I love that about him! He has SO MUCH ENERGY it's not even funny!!!

Walker is also quick-witted...
Recently we picked him up from a birthday
party. He couldn't stop talking about how this
was the BEST party he'd ever been to. This friend
"had the best party and the best toys"...
including a "lightsaber that costs $100".
Walker could see my face and he knows
my feelings on talking like this.
As quick as he could, he changed course with his conversation...
"I am just so happy for Ryan to have those things."

He knew he needed to come back down to reality and embrace his $8.99 lightsaber!!!

Walker is so loving to his little sister. Of course they have their moments, boy do they ever! But more often than not, he is the best and sweetest big brother a little sister could ever dream of having. One day I overheard him reading to Hadlee...melted my heart!

Walker has always been a little obsessed with my nephews Hunter and Logan. This warms my heart because they are like my babies themselves...even if they are teenagers now! Walker has always thought he was just as cool and just as old as they are. He loves for us to pick Hunter up from the high school. As we go through the car pool line, Walker hangs his head out the window and yells for Hunter. Luckily, this doesn't phase Hunter, a freshman, one bit!

Walker is a WILD man and goes from one thing to the other as fast as he can. From his activities, to his wants, to his thoughts...he's all over the place, but when he loves something it's with 110%!

Two days after Walker got his first, LONG awaited pet (a fish named Big Blue), Troy came in from work and said, "Walker, have you fed your fish?" Walker's response...

"WHAT FISH?!?"


Thursday night was Open House at Walker's school and time for us to see all the turkeys. I still can't believe my baby is in the first grade.

He was so proud to show off his desk,

...his amazing teachers,

...his wonderful art work,

...and his POWER POINT presentation!!!


Troy and I are beyond thankful for our little man...

...and we love to show him off!!!

Like I say, I just can't get enough of this kid. It's been like that from the moment he was born. He is a little turkey, but he'll always be my punkin'...
I love you, Walker!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

What a cutie!! What a cute turkey too! Boys are the best... sweet big brother.

Amanda said...

As a mother I can just FEEL you love for him through this post. It chokes me up actually. Such a special boy. EVERY TIME you talk about him it's as if you are describing Mason. They seem to have the same personalities. Oh, how I wished we lived close. Happy Thankgiving week to you and your family, Mindy. You sure are a shining beautiful Mama!

Anonymous said...

Gobble Gobble Turkey talkin' kiddo! Love that sweet heart of his! Oh, another sweet boy.....and if he's half the brother W is, you'll be in business! Those are some BIG shoes to fill though. PERFECT post! You look amazing by the way!

Beth E. said...

Melt my heart...this is such a sweet post! Walker is a handsome young man, and so kind and thoughtful...I think he's looking more and more like his dad!

I like the turkey, Mindy, but c'mon...that turkey should've been a Hokie Bird! ;-)

Hugs,
Beth

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I am in tears! Sweet Walker. Oh, how I love that brother from another mother. Mindy, you are so blessed. Your family is just PRECIOUS in every way!!!

We LOVE you Walkman!!!