Monday, November 2, 2009

He's a Pumpkin Carving Kind of Man

Super T-dawg Daddy went to Walker's first
grade class to carve a pumpkin on Friday!
My engineer was quite skillful...Troy's group of four are all good buddies!YUCKY on the inside...It was math pumpkin carving...
the boys had to sort the seeds into groups of ten.
T-daddy's HUGE pumpkin had 410 seeds!!!
Can you tell that somebody LOVED having
his daddy in the classroom?!?

There was an extra little first grader who seemed to have herself a good time, too!

Troy did an AWESOME job...
and then he decided the pumpkin needed to be
giving the Aggie thumbs up!Some of the guys were more into the oooey gooey than the others. Walker? Not so much!But Walker was ALL ABOUT giving that pumpkin a gig 'em! Mrs. S loved that because she's been watching Walker & Troy give each other the thumbs up for three years now! She can't help but do it, too!Texas Aggie Gig 'Ems for the pumpkin's ears!

HA! Check out Walker's hands!!!

T-Daddy, this was a HUGE treat and you were a rock star pumpkin carver!!!Hadlee & I were just along for the ride...

Silly Halloweenies...

I cannot even begin to adequately desribe how blessed we are with Walker's teachers this year! We love them so, so much!!!

Proud Pumpkins...

What a FUN first grade class!!!

I still can't believe I have a first grader...and such a sweet one at that! In what will seem like no time this little punkin' will be in first grade, too. Hopefully with the same teachers!!!

8 comments:

Brandi said...

I so want to be in that 1st grade class; looks like a blast. Awesome hubby/dad to go a volunteer like that. I wish more dads would be involved like your awesome hubby. WAY COOL!!!!

Shannon said...

WAY TO GO T-DADDY! Not a big fan of that Gig'em ears, but I guess I will let it slide this once!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Way to go Troy! You are talented. That is one awesome pumpkin and Big too! Walker looks like he is having a ball with dad there. Great pics!

angie said...

Troy, you got skills! That is a Really fun activity. Such a sweet post about your hubby and the the first grade teachers and students. The only problem is the pumpkins ears:-). Love that school spirit though!

Rhonda said...

Sweet Daddy! Walker will remember forever the memories you and T-Dawg are making with him at school! Special, special!! And Troy's Gig 'em was awesome - very impressive (even though I don't agree with his school affiliation!!).

Beck said...

This will no doubt be such a special memory for Walker! And, on another note, I am loving Troy's goatee! Looks great! Hope you are feeling well and enjoying your pregnancy (:

Katie said...

So much fun. Love all of those pumpkins!

You are too cute.

Kimberly said...

Ohhhh! I loved having helpers carve my pumpkins when I taught...and hated the years I had none! Mrs H with a knife and lots of hyper kids? :)
Love it mindo!