Monday, October 12, 2009

When She Smiles...

There is just something about this little
bit of Heaven that makes my everyday.
She is a delight...
even when she's up to no good ...or just being plain silly!!! My Haddie Pattie Pie was sick last week.
She had an ear infection and that upper
respiratory junk. She is THE sweetest,
saddest little sick person I've ever known.
Hadlee doesn't really complain about
what hurts. She just wants to be held
VERY CLOSE to you and loved on like no
other. She cries for Mommy, then Daddy,
and then Bubba. Over and over again.

She absolutely breaks our hearts!
Not to mention our sweet doctor's heart, too.
When we went to see him,
Hadlee had a little Cinderella doll with her.
Our doctor called it 'Barbie' and Haddie
gave him a look, not the Look, but a look!
The very next thing I heard him in the hall
telling his nurse she better find a Cinderella
sticker because their Barbie ones weren't
going to do the trick!
I don't take Haddie's smiles or
health for granted.
There is nothing in this world that wears
Troy and me out more than when one
of our kids are sick
(unfortunately Walker has it now!).

One night last week,
when Hadlee was having an awful time
and crying so hard and couldn't get
comfortable and was throwing up from
being so congested, I couldn't help
but think of Kate McRae and her mommy
and my dear college friend and her baby
boy Walker. I knew that Hadlee's illness
would most likely be over in 48 hours.
Lots of moms don't have that luxury.

It's truly heartbreaking. Tears flowed
from my eyes as I prayed for those moms.
I truly can't fathom what they go through.
I just can't.
In a day their lives changed FOREVER.
It can happen to any of us.

I hope I never, ever take these sweet, healthy smiles for granted!

8 comments:

Brandi said...

I hate it when kids are sick. You are right, we are blessed that our kids get sick, then feel better in a few days. I've been praying for Kate too... so sad!! Breaks my heart. I'll have to read up on your friend's son. I'll pray for him too!! We are blessed!!!

Shannon said...

Such a great reminder, Mindy! You are right - we need to remember those precious moms on days that our kids have runny noses and we think it is the end of the world.

angie said...

I am so sorry that you've had some sickies. Hopefully Walker is better this morning. I always think about those mom's too and it just makes me weep. I really cannot imagine. And you're right Hadlee does have the best smile!

Rhonda said...

I'm so sorry Miss Priss has been sick ~ and now Walker Man....yuck. Just make sure Mommy-to-be (again!) stays well! Hadlee is such a beautiful little princess and I know it breaks you and Troy's hearts (and probably even Bubba's!) when she is sick. Take care and try to stay healthy ~ thinking of you all!

Graham said...

So I started my morning off with thankful tears thanks to you. :) I love your family!

Misty said...

What a sweet post.

Poor Hadlee, and now poor Walker. :(

She is the sweetest little thing. Such a pretty princess, and I love all of her clothes! :)

Beth E. said...

Awww...I'm sorry Haddie's been sick, and now Walker! When the boys were little, it absolutely broke my heart whenever they would get sick.

Praying for your little ones...hope they feel better very soon!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I too think of all the mommies out there who are going through so much with their little ones. We should never take one day for granted with our loves. I am glad to know Haddie is feeling better. I have to admit I have missed my thumbs up from her as I drive by your garage in the mornings. That girl can make anyones day a whole lot better! Hope our sweet brother Walker feels better soon too. Don't make Nurse RoRo come down there and take over:)

Feel better sweet friends in the Hood!