Thursday, October 1, 2009

Star Student

Walker's name was drawn to be Star Student
in his first grade class on the
second week of school!
He told everyone we saw about this...
and people were so impressed!
(I always had to whisper behind him
that each student gets a week no matter what!!!)

The main job of Star Student is to care
for the Class Webkinz ~ Cuddles!
Cuddles found lots of new friends at our house
with Walker's Webkinz collection!
Check out Little Miss Priss...
she was doing everything in the world to get in
these pictures just to aggravate her big brother!
"FINE" he said...
he would just take Cuddles and "GO"!
Walker also had to fill in and color an
"All About Me Robot" for his teachers
to hang in the classroom.He worked so hard on this...
Next he had to fill a jar that his teachers sent
with between 1 and 100 of something.
This was for them to use in math class.
Walker chose 45 snakes...Then he had to take pictures to share
with the class. He chose pictures of our family,
his grandparents, his best school buddies, the
Reeds, his cousins and Kate.
As he shared his pictures with
the class, he accidentally referred to Kate
as his cousin. Maybe he is keeping his
relationship with her on the down-low?!?He also had to take his favorite book...
of course, Slinky Scaley Snakes.
The very last part of the project was
to write in a journal about what all you did
with Cuddles throughout the week...
This was the box that Cuddles lived in during
the week with Walker's other little Webkinz.
He had also purchased and played with Anakin
Skywalker all week so he was in the photo, too!I think Walker looks SO BIG in this picture...We are so proud of our Star Student!
He's our STAR everyday!!!

8 comments:

Misty said...

Well, I'm sure Walker is the BEST star student in his class! I just love how Hadleee is right beside him helping in the pics! I just love brother & sister love!

Brandi said...

WooHoo, Star Student!!! Looks like you guys had fun! We only had the weekend to do our project, I like the WEEK instead... more time! So cute that lil sis is hanging right along with him... cute!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

BEST star student ever! We love that kid. Mindy he does look so much older in these pictures. Such a handsome, sweet, funny, and full of life little boy. The Reeds LOVE LOVE Walkman!!!

Amanda said...

I am laughing so hard at baby sister ruining his fun. This is a daily thing at our house. Funny you blogged about this today because Mason just came home with a similar project that he has to do for the week. I love how Walker goes all out and takes such pride in his work.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my......is this what the first grade holds? I think I'll hold Bowen back forever! That's ALOT of work! Is he on the AP track? Gosh, that kid's smart! Love his creativity and how open he is.....LOVE that it says "I love God"! Love that kid!

Katie said...

Mindy ~ I just don't know if your kids can get any cuter!

angie said...

I love the haircut! Nice job on being the star student!!! What a fun class. I also love how seriously he takes his work, that quality is going to serve him so well in the future:-). I also love Walker Texas Ranger. He looks awesome!

Beth E. said...

Congratulations to the Star Student!

I had to laugh at the pic of him and Hadlee...of course she wanted to be included! Hehe