Monday, October 26, 2009

She's a Play-ya!

My sweet little three year old has
recently learned to play games!
Walker is a BIG time game play-ya, but
I can't give him the credit for teaching
Miss Priss. The lady that Hadlee stays with
in the morning, Mrs. Janice, has
actually taught her...and taught her well!!!

I am going to write about
Mrs. Janice soon ~ I'm a little emotional
over her...she is one of the very best
things to ever happen to my little girl
and of course that means to me, too!

Hadlee's current games are Hi-Ho Cherry-O, Candy Land, Uno, Princess Memory, and most recently Go Fish & Connect Four! She really, really can play these games!!!Troy & I are amazed because she is a much different player than our Mr. Competitive Walker Man!!! He must win and he's been known to openly cheat. I'm just sayin'!!!

On the other hand, this little thing is delightful to play games with...she gets so excited for you to win or get a match! And so sad, when you get spilled bucket!!!

I just love that they can play games together now. Star Wars figurines don't seem to interest Haddie much and Polly Pockets certainly don't interest Walker!!!

Before one game is over, Hadlee is already planning the next one we will play. It's too cute. I can hear her, Walker & Daddy in the living room playing Go Fish right now as I write this. Priceless.

Walker is really, much to my dismay, growing up and I'm finding him having friends over to play or being at friend's houses a lot ~ plus he's at school all day long (I still miss him in the afternoons!). These times give me sweet moments with my little Princess. I just have to say it again...she's delightful!

I love our lunch dates everyday & also a dinner date like this while Walker was at a camping birthday party two Friday nights ago (and Daddy was at the deer lease)...Guess what we did all night long?!?

First I beat her in Hi Ho Cherry-O!

But she can't be beat at Memory...I'm serious!!!And of course, Candy Land is a favorite of both of ours!I love my little game play-ya!!!

6 comments:

melanie, aka Mo said...

Just caught up again. Ok, so... Ellie is ALL into saying, "Had-a-lee". THat is how she says it. For some reason she thought it was "ellie" and when I told her it was Hadlee, she proceeded to spot her in EVERY picture saying, "There's Had-a-lee." As for the Pumpkin in the pumpkin tee. It had a biiiiiigggg ol' jack o lantern face. Someone is growing up top! Just sayin. Yay for you, Troy. TMI? It is my way tonight, don't know why! I bet it IS sad that Walker is getting all "Wanna go stay with friends" and all. That will be a sad day! Nighty night, buddy.

Amanda said...

OH my goodness. Way to go, Haddie girl! She looks like she is definitely having a blast. Walker sounds just like how Mason plays a game. Can we say CHEEEATER? Ha!

Thanks, now I'm craving Wendy's and we don't even have one here anymore. ;)

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I love your little Play-ya over there! RoRo would play a game with you Haddie.

Sweet girl, you are just the BEST!

Adrianne said...

Go Had-lee, go Had-lee!! Looks like she's having so much fun! What sweet memories for her and for you. I must say, I still love Hi Hi Cherry O and Candyland:)

angie said...

Such a cute pla-ya! I can't help but again think that our little children are so similar. Ally LOVES to play Candyland and Dora to fish and Ryan also is very competitive and must win:-). These pictures are just awesome, she's smiling in every single one! I am so thankful that you get to have this one on one time with Miss H before Cosmo arrives. So so sweet!!!

Rhonda said...

What a big girl ~ playing games with the family!! Another fun family game is "Spoons"....it's a card game and all ages can play! We play with the littlest kids up to the grandparents! I know you are enjoying your little princess!