Friday, June 5, 2009

Walker's Kindergarten Graduation

Wednesday, June 3rd was Walker's
last day of school and his
kindergarten graduation!
A day we will never, ever forget!!!2009 South Bosque Elementary Kindergarten Graduation...
Hard to believe in two years,
Little Miss will be at this school.
Walker's Big Moment!!!
Officially a FIRST GRADER!!!
When his class walked out, Walker was sure
to give Haddie some love and then he gave
PaPa five! It was too cute!!!I wish I could put the entire video on here,
the songs the kindergarten sang were precious!!!Walker's group did a great job on their speaking part:
"Our teachers think we're really great,
that's why we get to graduate!"Walker knew all the words and motions.
He sang his little heart out! LOVED it!!!
The last song they sang was
"First Grade, First Grade"set to the song
"New York, New York"
ADORABLE!!!
Somebody was very happy to hug and
congratulate her Big Brother, the Graduate..Graduation Reception...Walker was so happy!!!
One of the dear moms from the class painted
this platter for Mrs. H. Isn't it the BEST?!?
The class all contributed to the platter and
two gift cards for our amazing teacher...Mrs. H loved it!!!I am so proud of this little boy...I wasn't the only proud one there...
Walker was in such a sweet class!
He loves his friends!!!
An answered prayer right here...
Walker's beautiful and sweet teacher!!! Wahooooooooo...
Walker won the art award again!
We are so proud of all of his awards this year!!!
During the graduation ceremony, I just kept
thanking God for my sweet son and his amazing
first year of school. Don't you just love
moments like that?!? When you are just
filled with gratitude for God???
Graduation gifts from the grandparents...
we were so glad they came!!!
Before going out for lunch,
we went home and Haddie just had to
ring the door bell with Walker's gift!!!Talk about EXCITEMENT!!!Walker's gift was a Blu-Ray Collector's Edition
Lightning McQueen! Only a certain number
were made and Walker has been stalking Ebay
(and us!) for one of these forever!!!This was a VERY big deal to Walker.
Troy ordered it on his own for his son.
Now if Walker will just keep it in its special case!!! That afternoon was a graduation pary for Walker
and five of his friends from Pre-K.
They are all still friends and love to see
each other when they can. Their moms and I
all became friends that year of Pre-K, too...so
it's fun for us to get together like this!
Here is the gang!!! Luckily next year all of
the boys will be at the same elementary except for
one, but we'll still include him in everything!
Wonder if they'll all remain buds until
they're seniors...I hope so! My Kelli G was
in my kindergarten class and look at us now!
Little boys are so fun & cute...
Especially this one, he's my favorite...
A perfect day!!
Walker...
Mommy & Daddy couldn't be prouder.
You have been an absolute CHAMP in
kindergarten. You have been kind to
your teachers and friends, you have
behaved, and you have learned SO much
(including how to read & do some math).
Most of all, you have given 110%
and that is what makes us most proud.
We are so very thankful for the
sweet & fun blessing you are to us.
You are one of a kind!!!
Here we come 2021!!!
(But please not so fast!)

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness, I love it~love it~love it!! Congratulations to Walker on his kindergarten graduation! I have so enjoyed watching Mr. Walker this year from his very first day of school! I love the ceremony, songs, awards, parties, gifts and especially such PRECIOUS moments and memories with family!!

P.S. ~ You know how we say our families remind us of each other?! My mom (just like Grandmother) gave my nephew Gage $10 for kindergarten graduation this morning at his ceremony!

Amanda said...

Way to go, Walker-Man! He is SO handsome (and I see little sister starting to look like him more too although she's pretty not handsome)! Check him out in his TUCKED in shirt too!

I love seeing all that you do for your kids too.. very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gracious. I was ok until the last picture and then I lost it! He looks so grown up, Mindy. What on earth has happened? I am so glad everything was perfect for W's graduation and it looks like even little H had a blast. Your sweet children are precious and how heart warming and proud you must feel that W received so many awards this year.......and the art award....GO WALKER! Grandparents are so important and how special that they were able to be there. I know they are so proud. I know he will continue to make you all proud.....he's a special little boy!

angie said...

Walker knows how to fill those seats!!! He looks so handsome and dare I say OLD. It looks like you guys had a perfect day. Such sweet words to your son. I just love keeping up with the Pierce family.

Oakley Overload said...

I just had to come look at these again! He's so sweet and you guys are the best family! They look so grown up I can't believe it!! Loved the 6 Pack of boys at their graduation party. You have got to hold on to those for Senior graduation!! HUGS!

melanie, aka Mo said...

I Do love a kid who wins an "art award"!! Way to Go, Walker.

Cracks me up the way your family also seems to travel in a PACK! When one person graduates, everyone is there to see it! Love that!

Happy to see him happy! But can't believe all these kids are just marching right along, and our girls will be there before we know it.