Monday, June 8, 2009

Grateful for Great-Grandparents

We are SO blessed to have Troy's grandparents
in our lives!!! And they are so active, too!
It has been easy to instill in our kiddos
how much grandparents mean.
Haddie & Walker LOVE all of their grandparents!
Especially Great Grandma Pierce
who comes to stay with us sometimes...
We recently celebrated Pa Pa Robinett's
83rd birthday while they were here visiting...Great Grandma Pierce came to town
for Hadlee's birthday party and to see
Walker play baseball...Our great-grandparents aren't the only
great grandparents my kids have...
Pa Pa & Grandma Robinett also came
to one of Walker's games and to Hadlee's
gymnastics class! These two people are
as good as two people could EVER, EVER be...I'm here to tell you to hug, hold, and love
your grandparents tight!!!
I didn't really realize what a true
blessing grandparents are until
I was older. I never knew my mother's
parents and my dad's mom died
when I was in high school and my dad's
dad when I was in college.

I would give anything to have my
mema pat my hand like she always
did. Unfortunately she had a stroke
when I was two that left her paralyzed on
one side. She always used the Orginal
Baby Magic scent as her lotion.
That smell takes me right back to her room.
I used that particular lotion on my
babies for that very reason.
Beautiful, special people.

I'm thankful for Troy's grandparents
and for my children's grandparents.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing more precious than FAMILY! How lucky you are and how lucky your sweet children are to have such wonderful extended family. You are blessed beyond and so are they! We think we're "family" too....:) Love yall!

angie said...

I can remember specific smells too, and it really does take me right back in time. Mindy those are so treasured pictures and people in your lives!!! Hold on tight is right.

Beth E. said...

What sweet pictures, and what a loving post! I never knew my grandfathers. They both died before I was born. But, my grandmother's lived into my adulthood. They're gone now, and oh, how I miss them!

It's interesting how smells will bring back memories, isn't it?

Love ya!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

These are treasured pictures. Grandparents are true gifts from God aren't they? Such blessings.

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Gosh, I must be feeling a little emotional today...such a sweet post about Great Grandparents. I, too, didn't really grow up with much interaction with my grandparents. If I did, it wasn't too good.
But, my hubby's grandparents are ALL still alive and are firecrackers for the most part! Sweet people who love us dearly.
:)