Saturday, June 13, 2009

Psalm 127: 3-5

You are ALL right...
Troy & I are expecting our third baby!!!
Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments!

Here we are on the day before Mother's Day
which is the day we found out!
How cool is that?!?
Best Mother's Day gift EVER ever EVER!!!
This was a TOTAL and COMPLETE shock to
my main squeeze and me.
A wonderful shock, but YES indeed a SHOCK!!!
Somebody has to be in the 1% club as far
as birth control pills go,
and we gladly accept the honors!!!

For a few days that week, I was just not
feeling like myself. It was a feeling I had
experienced before...sure enough, three
name brand tests and two generic tests
later, we were SURE!!!
CRAZY us immediately told our little family...
you know the WalkMan and the Haddie Pattie.
They were over the moon excited!
Walker almost gave daddy another heart attack
when he & Haddie couldn't decide if they wanted
a boy or girl, so Walker said it might be TWINS!!!

That weekend the Big Brother & the Big Sister
just happened to be playing around in their
Spiderman suits. Troy mentioned his worry
over not having enough Spiderman suits.
Thankfully, I was able to put his mind at ease...
there is still one more suit left in Walker's closet.
Now money for the third one's college?
...Couldn't help Big Daddy out on that one!!!

Guys, I'm going to tell you...we were in some serious shock that day. ALL good shock, but SHOCK nonetheless. We didn't know what else to do but call upon the Hoodies ~ specifically our best buds, The Reeds. They invited us down and took care of us in a way that only your dearest, best friends can. Check out the snacks Robin provided for us that very night...gotta love me some pickles and ice cream!!!Later that night, I found Troy leaning over the fence telling our next door hoodies...The following day was Mother's Day...seriously, could there be a better gift?!? I think not. If you're worried about the Little Bambino reading about what a shock he/she was, no worries! Shocks in life can be VERY, VERY good. I was known as "Oops" in my family since I was a shock for my parents. My next sister is TEN years older than me and the other is thirteen years older! I have no lasting effects of being known as "Oops." I kinda like it, in fact. I'm certainly glad that oops happened so I could be experiencing my own oops now!!!We took my mother her Mother's Day gifts that afternoon with this card...and after a while she finally caught on!!!After a little lesson with Walker on how to spell 'baby', we presented Troy's mom with this card. Ours moms, dads, aunts, uncles, god mommy, aunties, & friends were all so super excited and happy and supportive. Blessed are we! Blessed Blessed Blessed!!!
We went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago to learn that I was six weeks and one day along with a due date of January 19, 2010!!! That's the day we took this picture and the day we saw and fell in love with the sweet little heart beat you saw on the picture in my previous post.
Go ahead and think it...WOW, she is already showing at six weeks. You'd be correct in that assumption. In fact, I had two moms at Walker's school ask me out of the blue if I was expecting. This was during week seven. I proudly said YES, but quickly informed them that they should NOT be able to tell as I was only seven weeks along!!! Don't worry, I embrace it!
Troy couldn't resist taking this picture. Trust me...you'll understand why soon enough. I'll just say this, I enjoy eating when I'm NOT pregnant as well as when I AM pregnant. To the tune of about 50 pounds of enjoyment...with KANKLES to boot. Sit back and enjoy the transformation.
Now, that we are all caught up...I'll show you a picture that Big Brother Walker took last night. This is Big Mama at eight weeks and four days...
(Right before going out to eat at my fave place!)
I am feeling okay...not great like I did with Walker's pregnancy and not utterly sick every second like I was with Hadlee's pregnancy. That being said, I'm going out on a limb to say that it's either a boy or girl!!! And you know what the best part is, doesn't matter to us one slight little bit.

We are praying our hearts out for a healthy baby. I'd be forever grateful if you could spare a prayer or two or more for our little miracle baby.
I have always prayed that if it were meant to be, that God would give us a third baby (without really trying). God always answers our prayers in some way or another.

A few days after we found out, I saw this verse that I've seen many times before. It almost brought me to my knees right then and there in the gift shop where I was standing.

"Behold. Children are a gift from the Lord."
I couldn't be more thankful for the two gifts I already have and for the precious, little one I already love so very much and can't wait to meet!!!

15 comments:

Amanda said...

Ahhh, this post just had me smiling from ear to ear.

And oh girl, I was showing by 6 weeks too this time and last time actually. Funny how the first time it takes 4 months to show huh!

I am praying for a healthy, happy baby for you guys! I have no doubt he or she will be. :)

Big HUGE Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am overjoyed for you! I can feel your glow from here and would be disappointed if that belly didn't grow BIGGGGG. Eat Momma eat! You look precious and that itty bitty belly looks adorable!!

Unknown said...

How exciting. Praying for a healthy baby.
You seem like the sweetest person ever!
Love reading your blog as i found you through Lindsays blog.

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I am in tears now after reading this. This is one lucky baby. God sure knew what he was doing!

One thing that sticks out to me in this post is the verse. This is the verse I chose for Landry when we dedicated him at church as a baby. It has special meaning to me too:)

Beyond exicted to watch your belly grow (and paint it!) My prayer each day is that baby love is healthy and growing inside your tummy. Prayers that God gives you everything you need to get through the day. God is so good!

angie said...

Sniff,sniff!! I am so thankful that you are in that 1%!!! I love everything about this post. I love that Troy was standing on the fence letting the neighbors know and that your kiddos are so excited about this baby. God does answer our prayers and I absolutely cannot wait to meet this little miracle. We had so much fun with you last night. It was so nice to see you in person!

Beth E. said...

Shew...I finally calmed down from squealing like I was after your previous post! Haha! I am sooo excited for you and your family...I can definitely 'spare a prayer' for your baby!

Love,
Beth

Melissa said...

Those oops babies are the best!

Katherine was conceived on Birth Control and I think everyone can agree that she is such a blessing. I cannot imagine life without her!

Our Journey said...

You eat your heart out girl!! I cannot wait to see you with a cute belly!! You are going to be so gorgeous!! I will definetly be praying for a healthy baby!!! So glad the kiddos took it so good!!

Kimberly said...

BIG MAMA!!!!!!!!!! Loving you and your bitty bump soooooooo much. This is what HIS plan is...and it is goooooood!
xoxoxoxo
Auntie Kimberly

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Yay! Sooo happy for you! Having 3 babies is the most beautiful feeling in the world.
I promise.

Jennifer said...

What an amazing answered prayer your (little) BIG surprise is!
You look fabulous at 8 weeks.
Enjoy every minute of it.

Jennifer said...

OH MINDY!!!!!! Mindy, Mindy, Mindy!!! I am soooooo excited for you! Sheesh...I get just a little behind on blogging and I miss ALL OF THIS!!!! I absolutely, positively, cannot wait to watch this pregnancy (and your tummy) grow! And even though it'll only be through Blogland, I can't wait to meet Baby Pierce!

Sending lot's of love and hugs your way!
Jennifer

Ally said...

So happy for you. I found your blog from Mojoy. Love to read all about your family. So precious. I wish I lived in your neighborhood, sounds like yall have so much fun!! I will be praying for you and your lil blessing!!

Rhonda said...

I'm so HAPPY for you and your family!! ALL of you - aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, everyone - babies bring so much JOY!! I have no doubt this little surprise will be LOVED beyond words!! I'm excited to follow your pregnancy with you! I have already watched Walker and Hadlee grow up so much in the last year!! And this one we will get to be a part of from the very beginning!!

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Did you know that Grayson was an Oooops baby.I was on the Pill when we found out we were pregnant with him. I am just soooo happy for you. :D