Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Happenins...

Our summer really kicked off back in May...
of course by washing mommy's car!
Walker is just like his handsome and funny daddy!!!
And I must also say hard working...
Miss Priss might be a little bit more like her
mommy...she provided
the tunes from her Barbie Jeep!
Then it was time for the groundbreaking of our
new pool. It's quite fancy! So fancy that
Macy & Logan just had to come try it out, too!!!
Walker loves to have his buddies over to play.
This was one afternoon when I gave
Hadlee a manicure in the other room.
She couldn't wait to go and show
Walker & his friend...I tried to tell her on the way that they
might not much care...didn't bother her though.
She was determined to show off her plain pink,
not hot pink mani/pedi!!!
Then there are those days (especially as of late
when Big Mama isn't feeling too good) that I just
let the kids play at their own leisure.
(also known as make a mess!!!)
This time was pretty good as it was
all contained inside the bed
(which is a stage of course)
for Walker's Australian Zoo and
Hadlee's fashion show...
Other times...not so contained!!!BUT OH SO FUN!!!

It's hard for me to stay at angry at this guy...even when is taking every last pillow we own and making a big pile in the living room!!!

A stop at Toys R Us after gymnastics never hurt anyone. So obvious that Haddie has a big brother who loves Lightnin' McQueen!!!

Some swimming down the street when the owners of the Hoodie Pool are out of town is also fun. Oops, wonder if they read my blog?!?

Surely when they see this little swim suit model they won't get too mad...
These summer happenings eventually lead
to some sweet snoozin!
Seeing my big boy of six, almost
seven years, sleeping still gets to me!
Finally, this is some BIG stuff:
I present to you Walker & Hadlee's
FIRST Ice Cream CONE!!!
Just the cone part was new...they indulge in
plain white vanilla in a cup quite regularly!
But, on our last trip to Chickfila they
both wanted their ice cream in
CONES....
Cheers!!!

P.S. ~ Neither child ate the cone.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Ahaha, love the community Hoodie pool! Why else would they put that in.. gotta share yanno!

That horse at the end of Walker's bed.. looks EXACTLY like the one I have in my living room. It was Ben's as a child. I should take a picture of it and show you to see if it's the same one.

Oh how I wish our Summer would start. We had some HOT days in April and now.. it barely gets to 70 most days. I have no idea where I Summer has gone and I'm rather upset about it. I can't stand being cold.

You would not believe the mess my WHOLE HOUSE was the first trimester with Maxi. It was like be careful where you walk, step because I let the kids do whatever they wanted.. they'd even get their own food I had didn't care WHAT it was.

Ahh, so excited for you!!!!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

You are sooo right! That little hottie can swim in my pool anytime. ha! You are so funny. You know it was nice seeing this post. It made me feel good to see another mom's house where the kids are taking over. You have a reason big mama. I don't. ha! I LOVE this time of year. Awww...summer! Great post. ONE of these days I am going to sneak a sprinkle on one of those cones when H and W aren't looking. haha. Love thos two so much!

Beth E. said...

That's so funny that they didn't eat the cone. My boys have NEVER liked cones! They always have preferred their ice cream in a cup. Well, Billy eats ice cream in a big bowl...he loves it!

Has your tummy been a little rumbly? Are you sensitive to any odors...food, perfume, etc.? Praying that you'll feel better very soon!

Love ya,
Beth
P.S. Please send Walker my way...my car is filthy! ;-)

angie said...

That looks pretty much like my house every afternoon-summer has brought out a very chill personality!!! Love the plain pedi/manicure and the stage show:-). It was so nice to see you at VBS! Have a peaceful afternoon.

Beck said...

I LOVE Chick-fil-A ice cream cones! This post was SO cute! You are so adorable in your bathing suit, sext preggy mama! SO happy and excited for you. Send some of that wonderful HOT Texas weather our way! It was 50 degrees and raining at my house today (: