Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happiness at Heather's

For the last two years, Haddie has gone
to Mrs. Heather's for three and a half hours
in the morning while I teach three classes.
When I count my blessings (which I often do!),
Heather is at the top of the list.Mrs. Heather will be going back to teach school
in the fall and Hadlee will start Pre-School.
Last week was VERY emotional for Heather & me.
If Haddie really understood, she would have been
the most emotional of us all!!!

I have some absolute TREASURES that Hadlee
has made at Mrs. Heather's.
They made this last week...

Heather kept her own daughter at home (a Sweetheart), then Lucy (Haddie's Bestie) and of course Landry a couple of days (Haddie's cute boyfriend from our hood). They all had such fun times. For instance recently Heather caught Hadlee putting stickers all over Lucy... Sweet Cami & Haddie Girl...There was always fun to be had at Heather's...

Does this look like a happy girl?!?

Sweet friends that I know we'll always keep close...

Heather is not just amazing with kids, but also with animals. She LOVES her some animals...all kinds. I love how she has given Hadlee a love for all kinds of creatures.

I'll never forget the first day I dropped Haddie off at Heather's. Throughout the course of that morning (and all week actually), Heather e-mailed me pictures showing me how much fun Hadlee was having!!! Really that's how I have all of these recent photos, too!

This was Hadlee's last day. Walker even went that day and had a ball, too!!!Hadlee had her first experience with 'friends' at Heather's (which is HUGE to me). She learned so much from her experiences at Mrs. Heather's. And I'm not just talking about how to make the letter "H"!Happiness at Heather's...

I cried very hard driving to Heather's for the last time. Not because we won't see Heather anymore (she's been my friend since high school, come on...we took French III together!). Our friendship will never end nor will her presence in Hadlee's life. I cried because she has been SO GOOD for my little girl. God hooked me up with a sweet part-time job that I love (and a hubby with a good job!) and the dearest, kindest woman in the world to teach, love and care for my little angel. It just couldn't have been more perfect. Heather is as genuine and loving as they come.

Our last day treats for Mrs. Heather...
Every single morning for two years Hadlee
has given Heather the BIGGEST, BEST
hug when we get to her house. I'm talking
the kind of long hug that is reserved for
MOMMY!
But I didn't mind it one.bit.at.all!!!Sweet Haddie & Sweet Heather...
On that last day, Heather told me that
she has always felt like Haddie was a little angel
walking around her house sent to hug her
just when she needed it, or comfort her or
give her a random 'I love you, Miss Heh-er'.

Interesting, I've always thought of Heather
as our angel.
Thanking God for both of these angels in my life.

4 comments:

Beth E. said...

Oh, my goodness...I'm blubbering like a baby! What a sweet tribute to your friend and childcare-giver, Heather. She sounds absolutely wonderful!

That last day had to be a tough one. HUGS for you!

Have a great week,
Beth

Amanda said...

Wow, that just melt my heart! How very blessed all of you were to be able to leave your child in hands of such comfort and that she loved on Hadlee like her own!

Yay for PreSchool. Matthew will be starting next week and I am sooo nervous as he has been with me only for these 3 and a half years. He seems excited though! That's a great thing about Hadlee.. she's use to being away from you and with friends for a little bit! Just precious!

Oh and Up was a hit with my boys. They loved it and laughed the whole time. I on the other hand thought the beginning was good but then got boring after that, but we were there for them and they thought it was a hit. ;)

Kimberly said...

Friend...I am just now learning how hard it is to trust our sweet loves with someone else. I am so happy you hit the jackpot with Heather. I know she luuuuuuves that Haddie soooooooooo much.

angie said...

That is such a sweet post. You can just feel the LOVE!!! Next year will be an adjustment but I just know Hadlee will really enjoy preschool. It's so cool to see God's hand at work- what a blessing Heather has been!