Saturday, March 14, 2009

What 'cha gonna do?!?

Here we are on Tuesday before
the yucky weather hit us...
I told the kids we were going HIKING on a trail
that I used to go on as a child. Apparently it is no longer
a trail & the kids did NOT like the looks of it.
To those that really know me, you know that hiking is not my thing anyways!
I wish I could hike & drink coffee from Starbucks.
I love both of those looks!
hee hee!!!
Whatever happened to my Steve Irwin
Crocodile/Snake hunter?!?
Could have been the 'keep out' signs?!?

Now you're talking, Mom! The Park!!!
Then Wednesday rolled around and
it was rainy and cold!
What 'cha gonna do?!?
How about some comfort food?!?
Yes, we all wanted something different!!!Look whose appetite is coming back?!?
(Don't worry your pretty little blogs off,
she didn't eat all of this!)...Really it was Grandmother's
spaghetti that finally hit the spot...
The investment in the Wii has paid off this week!
Especially when a good buddy from school
like Ryan comes over to play!!!
Nothing like Moon Sand & Play-doh stations!!!
(And the MESS these both make I might add!)
I'm leaving off a really FUN day we had on
Thursday with the Hoodies AND
the birth of a most adorable new Hoodie on Wednesday!!!
Those get their own posts!!!
Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

mama's smitten said...

Oh your kids look like they are enjoying them selves! You can't go wrong at the park! And you Rock mom you hit all the fav drive thrus! Awesome! Love the spaghetti pic! I some of my little guy like that! Precious!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Oh, I love these precious two!! The Reed kids would be so proud of you for supporting our Hewitt drive thrus! haha. I am so glad Haddie is better (T-dawg too).

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Haha those trail faces are too funny. Hadlee's order looks like Graysons. :) I had no Idea that you guys live near Hewitt. We lived in the duplex place by the Hewitt post office when Matt went t law school at baylor. I swear if we lived closer we would absolutely hit it off and be best buds,I just know it. Maybe I could be a Hoodie too. haha.

Anonymous said...

I am with ya on the hiking thing. John loves to hike.....yeah, me, not so much! Oh, and Mindy, you're the one winning on not loving the Starbucks because even though I may have "the look" now, you won't have all the wrinkles from all that caffeine abuse down the road:) It looks like the kiddos are loving being home for SB and who can blame them when you get some yum yum fast food! In our house, that's a real treat!!! I am so glad everyone is feeling better! I can't wait for H to get her "goodie"!!:)

Beth E. said...

Looks like a fun time! Hey, I might even get into hiking if there was a Starbucks close by. :o)

A new Hoodie? That sounds exciting! Is this the friend you had the baby shower for? Looking forward to seeing those baby pics!

Be thinking about me tomorrow. Our oldest boy returns to college after being home for Spring Break. Gonna miss him sooo much!

Love ya,
Beth

Rhonda said...

Doesn't that Moon Sand make the biggest mess?! I have gotten to where I make Savannah play with it on the patio!

We have had the yucky and cold weather in Rockwall, too. Our SB is this week so we are hoping for some prettier days ahead! I was wishing this morning that Starbucks delivered to our homes on wet and cold Saturday mornings!!

I'm glad Hadlee is feeling better and hope you have had a kick back and relaxing week off with your munchkins!! I'm looking forward to the baby post!

Amanda said...

Ha.. that's why this mama doesn't do moon sand or play dough. Mean Mama, I know. The hike cracked me up and how everyone wanted something different for lunch! Glad Hadlee is feeling so much better and cute as a button spaghetti face and all.