Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pleasantly Surprised

So, Spring Break '09 has not been typical for us.
As you know Hadlee had the dreaded
virus for several days, and then
Daddy got it!!! UGGGGGGGGGG! Poor Daddy!
To top it off, the weather turned cold & rainy today.

We haven't been able to go, go, go
like we want because of Haddie being sick.
THEN, and I can't imagine why, but
nobody really seems to want to come over
or hang out with us!!! ha ha!
We must have VIRUS written all over us.

Regardless we've had fun...I'm enjoying
spending long days with my kiddos.
There is nothing better! Truly.
I was a little worried though when Walker
asked me today how to spell 'spring break'.
I was pleasantly surprised...
Ya know what?
I'm pretty much always
pleasantly surprised
when it comes to this kid...

7 comments:

melanie, aka Mo said...

Well, Hadlee is looking much more spry! Are you and I just nightowls or what?! Our spring break is in a couple of weeks, I think! Doesnt' really matter to me! I still have to work and I don;t have school age kids! Ya know? I was in a dither tonight over two comments on my blog with the "funny" video. I really debated whether or not to post my rebuttal. I have it saved just in case the mood strikes. I mean, seriously, "if you don't have something nice to say...." Do they think there comments will have an impact on the way I parent? It may actually have an impact on how I blog! Sadly. Go read it and talk me down from the edge. I was proud I refrained, as it was VERY difficult! your bbff, melanie

Shannon said...

Oh man...the stomach virus is the WORST! And you are right - no one wants to come around when that thing hits. I hope you are all on the up and up. Hope these last few days of Spring Break 09 are wonderful.

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Wow, He is just a little genius. That is so much fun to see those little ones grow up isn't it.:D I hope the rest of your week is better.Sendin' love from Longview:)

Amanda said...

What a smart boy! I hope the rest of Spring Break gets better for you all and I hope YOU stay clear of that nasty virus!

Beth E. said...

You mean you didn't know about the VIRUS - KEEP OUT sign your Hoodies put up in your front yard??? Hahaha...juuuuust kidding! If I lived near you, you know I'd have a big pot of soup there for ya! :o)

I'm sorry Hadlee and Hubby have been feelin' poorly. They're both just too cute to be sick..you can tell your hubby I said so, too! hehe ;o)

Hope your family gets to have some fun before Spring Break ends!

angie said...

ugh! so sorry that Troy is sick now...stay strong Mindy! I know this weather is the PITS. I'm soooo ready for spring! I'm with you though somedays it's nice just to hang out:).

Our Journey said...

For some reason spring break is not nearl as fun in college as it was in Elementary school! I do not know why--oh wait yes I do.. now when I am on spring break, I just work extra hours! uh! ha! Glad little Hadlee is feeling better! I love Mr. Walker's awesome picture!