Wednesday, March 4, 2009

LOVED

Did I mention to you guys how much
I love birthday (weeks!) for my children,
my hubby, my family, my friends...
and myself?!?

I have sweet friends at school
who always remember my birthday
with flowers, cake and gifts...
Boy was I feelin' the FACEBOOK love
on my birthday. My wall has never seen
so much action!
ALL of my friends
are so kind to me on my birthday!!!
The Hoodies each dropped by with a somethin'
somethin'. In fact, this Little Hoodie,
Brady, brought a treat by and
he didn't want to leave!!!
Made my day...
Table for 18 please for my
crrrraaaaaazzzzzy family
at my favorite Mexican food restaurant!Sweet, Special Guests...Do you think it's obvious that
I love this little girl?!?Look at my hubby getting my cake ready!
What a hubby taking care
of his 34 year old wifey!!!
LOTS 'o beautiful & sweet cards...
and you know what THAT means!
Good stuff INSIDE the cards! hee hee!!!
Feeling the L-O-V-E...
HAPPY girl at 34!!!
More special guests...I love my family!!!Having ALL of my loves at my
celebration is the BEST gift of all!!!How sweet it is to be
LOVED by them!!!
How about these beautiful flowers
from my beautiful Aunt Kitty...
There is one thing I can say for sure
about my life...
I have always felt very LOVED!!!
It's such an amazing
blessing and one that I give serious
thanks for on a daily basis.
I am always especially reminded of the
LOVING people in my life
on my birthday.

I specifically remember my first
birthday after I moved ON MY OWN to
Dallas after college. I hadn't made many
close friends yet and
I was ALONE on my birthday.
(When my parents left me after they helped move
me in my apartment, the last words said
were "You know the way to work, the grocery
store and the Galleria. You'll be fine." ha ha!)
I was so sad that I would be alone
on that birthday in Big D.
I picked up my favorite
dish at the time from Johnny
Carino's and went home sulking.
Thank the Good Lord I had not gone
anywhere. I would have never, ever been able
to return all of the birthday calls I received.
I have friends who come
out of the woodworks EVERY YEAR
on my birthday to show me some love.
God is good and one thing
I have never doubted is that I am LOVED...
by HIM, my family, and my friends.
OH, and now my BLOGGING FRIENDS!!!

I just don't know how it is that
I've been blessed with the most amazing,
loving family and friends in the world.
I have had my good times in life
and my bad times...
but one thing I can say
for certain is that through it all,
I've felt LOVED.
I am so glad we have birthdays...
it's the perfect, extra special day
to really show our LOVE!
My prayer is that I show the same amount
of love to MY friends and family on
their birthdays (and everyday) as
I've been shown.
I am one blessed girl at 34!!!
Thanks for the BIRTHDAY Love!

11 comments:

fivemjs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Let me make you a frame! Pick out your favorites from my site and let me know!

Love ya girly!

Beck said...

Mindy, you are so sweet, people can't help but love you!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

What's not to love?! You are such a fun, uplifting heartfelt person. You know, they say, you get what you give. Girl, you've been giving some good love! Happy Happy Happy.....it's your birfday, it's your birfday.......and tonight I'm gonna party like I'm turning 34.......that's my theme song for you this week! Oh, and I am working on hadlee's dress and easter shirt.......bowen is going to stay with Mona for Spring Break so I'll be working hard to finish all B's stuff and your sweet stuff!

Unknown said...

You are LOVED!!! And you make all of your friends feel very loved, too!!! I am so glad you had a happy 34th Birthday!

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful post! You are obviously such a sweet soul yourself that you are just being paid back for all the LOVE you give! Great pictures of the whole gang ~ what a FUN time to be together! I'm glad you had such a special and LOVED birthday ~ just the way it should be!!

Did you teach in the Dallas area after college? What district did you teach in?? On another note, I'm glad we did NOT meet the Waco Midway girls in the basketball tournament ~ your team is GOOOOOD!

angie said...

That is because you are the sweetest! I love those pink roses, and of course cookie cake is my fav as well! Are you ready for spring break?!?

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday. And Oh my gosh ,I loooooovvvve cookie cakes. That is all I ask for on my birthday.:D Sharin' the love witch'a on your bday week.

Beth E. said...

Mindy,
I'm so glad you are having such a wonderful birthday week! You are a beautiful person, inside and out. It's easy to see why we everyone...including ME...loves you so much! :o)

Alison H. said...

I am so glad you got all your family together on your special day! Even though we don't see each other, I know you are so loved and cared for by your family! Love you and hope to see you soon!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday! Your family is so sweet! And those precious kids would make anyone's heart melt. They are adorable!

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

So sweet! You've got a great family and friends.
Lookin good at 34!