Sunday, March 29, 2009

Walker's First School Program

Last Thursday was Walker's Kindergarten P.E.
Program & Spring Open House!

Who in the world was that chick with the
video camera, digital camera AND Flip
going at the same time?!?
(Couldn't possibly have been me!!!)
It was THE cutest program...
filled with a dance with motions,
their daily exercise routines, &
performing at all of their stations to fun music.
Walker was LOVIN' every second of it
and didn't miss a beat (in my eyes!)!!!

*I am flippin' crazy over my Flip right now...forgive me! This video is really for the TRULY devoted (my Mother-in-Law!). It's the first song the students did...so cute!!!*
Little Miss Priss didn't miss a beat either
even with a double ear infection!!
Walker absolutely, wholeheartedly
LOVES his friends!One of Walker's very best buddies at school...
they are quite a pair!!!

Grandmother was quite impressed with the show...and being SUCH the grandmother that she is, her comment afterwards was "Walker was really the best one out there. And the cutest!" Gotta love an unbiased Grandmother!!!Then Walker was able to show us some of his work. He started by showing us his journal. He showed us every single page! I especially liked the "I like Haddie" page. ALMOST as much as the "I like Mommy" page.

This was a good one: "I like Matthew. He plays on my basketball team." Each page is illustrated & dated...they learn so, so much in kindergarten!!!

For the record, Daddy's favorite page in the journal was the "I like Daddy" page.
My journal would have an "I like Walker" page!!!It's nights like these that I just can't believe
I have a child in kindergarten and
one who is almost three.
(Troy, if you're reading...I think we need another.)I love how 'normal' my life is right now.
Going to open house to baseball to
Chickfila...and back home to make
sure Walker reads his AR book.
I am keenly aware of how quickly
our lives can become NOT normal at all.
In an instant, everything can change.
Reading about and praying for precious Stellan
and many others brings this perspective
to the forefront of my mind.
I treasure 'normal' with my little family!!!
Awesome job at your first PROGRAM,
Walker!!! I swear I think you were
the most excited kid at the school that night!
You truly have no idea how proud
you make your mommy and daddy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! First, your outfit Mindy, t total cute! Mrs. Fashionista! Lovin the scarf. You need to send that pic to Angie from Bring the Rain-she'd love it! Ok, and Walker is like 5 going on 25. He gets it a little too well. He's such a loving and sincere child. Loving his full heart! Poor Hadlee and her 2 ears. Hatin' it for her. Get outta there little germies. I am all onboard with you....why don't you have another one and we'll have another one. K. That's a good deal, right? This is the sweetest post and I am so glad everyone, even Grandma, was able to make it! And, Grandma, you're allowed to be the most biased ever!!!! We love you for your honesty!

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Oh my is right,Girl you rocked the scarf and love the outfit. I wish I had some sort of fashion sense..oh well. And as for little man, he is sooo sweet and I agree at how fast they grow up an how blessed we are for normal days. What a wonderful family you have Mindy Lou :)

angie said...

That Walker is quite a little performer:-).The book he made is just priceless, one for the keep box! I also love the video and the pictures in the bath tub, hilarious!!! I would love fir you to have #3:-)

Amanda said...

Hey, I agree.. Troy, if you're reading.. I think #3 is a GREAT idea!! ;) Your family is so precious and you sure are raising a special lil man there. You are lookin so TRENDY in your adorable outfit.. LOVE IT!

Beth E. said...

I think Grandmother was right... Walker WAS the best performer out there! He was a dancin' machine! Totally adorable program. I loved the journal, too. I saved both of my boys' journals. They are so sweet AND hilarious at times!

Poor Haddie...Bo used to have ear infections all the time when he was little. Hope she feels better, soon!

Rhonda said...

I just love that Grandmother truly believes with all her heart that Walker was THE BEST! That is just what Grandmother's are for!! These programs are the best and so much fun - Walker did a fantastic job!

Oh, and that scarf - you are workin' it, girl! I tried to do the scarf thing a couple of times during the winter and Mark said I looked like an old lady - I don't THINK so!! I'm going to show him this post tonight so he can see just how cute scarves are! I LOVE it!

mama's smitten said...

YEY!I'm sure you were sooooo excited! I totally can relate to your post! I too have Stellan on my mind and am very thankful my pretty much! Normal family!!! :) Have a great day friend.

Kimberly said...

You're not called Trendy Mindy for nothin! And your sweet family is anything but "normal." I love you all to pieces! Way to go, Walker!!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

This is what blogging is all about! Post like this:) I LOVED every single bit of it too. Walkman is such a star. He has such life in him and a sweet spirit. I soooo love that kid! I think Grandmother is right! Best one out there. Oh, and Miss Priss looked like a trooper with her double ear infections. Give her an orange starburst from RoRo!

How is that a sweet post like this make me soooo happy for Walker but yet sad too? It just reminds me that they are growing up so fast. We almost have 1st graders on our hands.

Walker, you are such a wonderful kid! The Reeds sure do love you sweet boy.

Unknown said...

I so wish Kate could have gone to kindergarten with Walker and at South Bosque :( Love the scarf!