Saturday, March 21, 2009

Trophy Son

I know you've heard of a "Trophy Wife",
but have you heard of a "Trophy Son"?!?

This kid loves him some TROPHY!!!

I absolutely LOVED going to pizza parties
after my older sisters' sporting events.
Then my own pizza parties came.
Lookeeeeeeeeeee here...
It's Walker's turn and he loves it
as much as I ever did!!!
Great season, Vipers!!!

My basketball coaches were never this cute...

Would you like to meet a VERY PROUD MOMMY?!?

Seeing as though baseball season begins today, I thought I better get this posted! These are such fun times...watching Walker experience anything and everything and with 100% enthusiasm. Last night all he could talk about was getting to slide like he did last year in t-ball (trust me he never really needed to slide...but he always did!) and whether his team should be called the 'Copperheads' or the 'Cobras'. He has no clue yet as to if he's good at a sport or if he's not. He's just glad to be with his friends and he's happy when anybody on his team scores or does well. These are the days. Wish it could always be like this.

You go, Walker Boy! You make Mommy so proud...more than you'll ever know!

7 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Too sweet! Walker always gives 100% in things that he loves. I love that about him! We are looking forward to some fun times. How lucky are we to get that same cute coach???

Graham said...

Yea Walker! You have every reason to be proud with your little angels!

Amanda said...

Congrats to Walker! We just had our last pizza party with trophies too for basketball. Now it's right into baseball. Such a handsome lil man you have. :)

Rhonda said...

I love it when our kiddos are playing sports and they truly have no idea they aren't necessarily that GREAT at a particular sport!! Sometimes I think I have instilled a little too much self-confidence in mine!! These are the best times with sports...when they are truly having fun with friends and truly enjoying the game!

My now 16 year old nephew called me when he was about 5 years old and had received his first sport trophy and exclaimed, "My trophy is made of REAL plastic gold!" To do this day, we tease him about that!

These are the best times! And what a cute coach Walker has!! :)

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

wooooo hoooo Go Walker, Go Walker.

:D

angie said...

Oh that's funny! Ryan always felt the need to slide too! In fact he slide pretty much everywhere we went for a while. All his jeans have holes in the knees:-). That is so sweet that he loves playing sports. Those pictures are great!

Beth E. said...

You have every reason to be proud...that Walker is something else! I love to read about everything he does. He's one busy fella...reminds me of my boys. When they were little, they both were involved in almost every sport. Because of their age difference (3 years) they were always on different teams. They just about ran us ragged with practices and games, but we loved it. :o)

Congratulations on a great basketball season, Walker. Have fun with baseball, and be careful when you're slidin' in to those bases!