Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Redneck Hoodie Baby Shower

So, you've heard me brag talk A LOT
about my Hoodies. Well, our next door neighbor
Hoodies turned up preggers with
Baby #3 due in March.
Soooooooo, the Hoodies decided to do a
little couples shower, but we needed a theme.
Rewind to a few Halloweens ago, when
above said next door neighborhoodies
showed up as Redneck Earl and Earlene
to the Hoodie Halloween party.
Mind you, Elizabeth was preggers with #2
at the time. They were hilarious as
these alter egos...I mean reeeeally funny...
mullet and all!!!
Don't dare show up at a Hoodie
Party like that and expect to get
away with it!!!

You guessed it...it was time for a
REDNECK BABY SHOWER!!!

Nothin' but a Boone's vase for this shower!!!

How do you like the feed sacks pictured above on the Guests of Honor chairs?!? We even had empty beer bottles on the table. Nothing was too good for this shower!

The cake...
yep, that was Earl and Earlene back in the day!!!
We wrapped up all of the gifts in Wal-Mart sacks and even a beer box!!! Okay, so Robin was our gift wrapper extraordinaire. I'm not sure what she charges if you are interested.We spared no expense for Earl,
Earlene and Baby Earl.
Robin, who is our hostess with the mostess,
had these pics blown up and put them on
cardboard. Yep, that's T-dawg out in the
Hood with Elizabeth one evening.
His shirt said "Basketball"! Meet the Guests of Honor who had
NO CLUE that we had a theme
(although they had their fears!!!).
If only you knew David & Elizabeth...
you couldn't find two kinder people
in this world! That's what made
hosting this shower all the more fun!!!
Hoodie Men...some even came dressed
for the theme!!! Or maybe they always
dress like that?!? Ladies of the Hood...
I love these girls. Like. Crazy.These two were such great sports
and loved the theme... Even when David opened up the first gift...David Earl, we are so glad YOU GOT ER DONE!!! This cutie number was wrapped in the
Bud Light box!!! I sure hope their little guy
never wants to see pictures from his baby shower!!!No fear...Hoodies aren't all THAT bad!
We got everything Elizabeth wanted on her

registry from our favorite store Carol & Co!!! If you are a Wacoan reading this, please don't tell Carol how we packaged
her beautiful items!!!In what I thought to be true Redneck fashion,
David and Elizabeth showed up at THEIR own
shower with THEIR own game for us to play!
LOVED. IT.
Guess who won?!?No. Lie. This was the prize...
HUH LER EEEE US!!!
Troy wasn't quite this sympathetic
during my pregnancies. I'm glad he can
be this way for my Hoodie, Elizabeth!!!That's my good ole boy. I love him.
The Hoodies LOVE love LOVE
David, Elizabeth, Jillian, Dylan and Baby #3!
We can't wait for the new kid in da hood!!!In all seriousness, this couple is one in a million.
Truly an amazing wife, hubby and parents.
I can totally remember peaking out of what
is now Walker's room seeing a white car pull
up at the house being built next door to ours.
Troy and I said things like, "Oh they're young!
They're cute! Oh my Goodness, they will
be our new B/F/F's!!!"
Little did we know how right we were.
We've experienced new homes, having children
and much more with this couple.
We've been blessed beyond words by them.
Much love and prayers to you guys
during this time!!!
Can't wait to love on that new little guy!

8 comments:

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Oh! That would be a perfect theme for us Georgians!
Love the vase and wrapping "paper."
Brilliant!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

These are great pictures! What a super fun night. I guess this is the only baby shower we will have around here.....UNLESS......U can change Troy's mind???

Again, what a blessing it is to live around such beautiful people inside and out! I wish everyone could have a Hoodie group!

angie said...

love. it. so FUNNY!!! That's a great one! Love the Boone's bottle:)It really is so great how you guys have so much fun together.

Jennifer said...

Oh I love this! Such FuN!!! I love the "Got 'er done" shirt!!! TOO funny! I wanna come play in your hood!

Beth E. said...

That looks like the baby showers we have here at home ALL the time! LOL I do hope everyone ate their food in Cool Whip bowls...that's how we do it around here!

Looks like y'all had a blast. What a fun 'hood you live in!

Rhonda said...

What a FUN baby shower! That is a hoot! Yall thought of every detail! I loved every little piece of it!

Oakley Overload said...

HECK YEAH! That's what I'm talkin' about! Good times good times. Good ole' Bud & Sissy would be proud of us! Yee-haw and all that Hoodie rowdy stuff. Gotta Love da Hoodies!

Elizabeth said...

LUUUV this Sweet Mindy Loo! I jus' want you to know thet Earl and Earlene will never ever forgit whut you done fur us. Brangs tears to mah eyes jus' readin' about it. Cain't believe Earl and me made it big time and are on the internet now! I just know we'll be famous after this! Seriously, we love our hoodies and had the best time ever. Thank you for all you always do for us!

love
the one and only (we hope) Earlene aka Elizabeth