Thursday, February 5, 2009

Macy is 19!!!

Today is my beautiful niece's 19th birthday. Ouch! Typing the '19' really hurts!!! I was a freshman in high school when this little lady entered my life. She was born exactly one year and one month after my first nephew, Travis. When my oldest sister was pregnant with him, I wanted nothing but a GIRL. Then when he came, I realized there was nothing sweeter in this world than a little baby boy. I vividly remember standing in Macy's nursery about a week before she was born. I just didn't know how I could love another like I loved Travis...and especially a little girl. I remember patting her little baby bed and I just knew, right then, that this little girl would be special. She would be something.

When Macy made her entrance into the world on February 5th nineteen years ago, I knew it all over again. She was perfect. Macy was a beautiful, perfectly proportional 8 pound baby with the most gorgeous skin and she was more alert than any baby I've ever seen. Her eyes were so bright and she just looked at us...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...a new love, it was more love at first sight for me! She was some kind of wonderful!I have written lots about Macy on this blog. She is something else! It has been a blast to be in her life. From dressing her, to her dance recitals, to shopping for school clothes, prom, hurts, celebrations, and of course years and years of basketball. What a dream she is to me! I have a blast with Macy. As I've said before...she's my niece, my daughter, and most of all my friend!I chose the song that is playing because this is "our song". I can remember driving around with little Macy in my car playing this song as loud as it would go! Such wonderful memories and if I had my scanner hooked up, I'd put some of those pictures on here...Macy was the cutest little girl! Hearing this song really takes me back to Macy as a little person. Such a delight! What a lucky person I have been to have sisters who shared their children with me like my sisters have. I am eternally grateful for that. Just yesterday my text from Macy was "I'm about to buy an expensive Ed Hardy purse. Good decision or bad decision?" LOVED it! Of course like any Aunt Trendy Mindy would, I said, "GO FOR IT. YOU DESERVE IT." (Then just to keep things sensible ~ she is in college, gotta teach her right!, I reminded her that today we'd all be giving her birthday money, so it really was a good decision!)My advice to her about the purse is my advice for her today...
GO FOR IT! You deserve it,
Sweet Macy Girl! We will celebrate her birthday next week...
she already had 'plans' for tonight with her friends!
I wouldn't want things any other way for her!
Happy Birthday, Macy Girl!!!
I love you!

3 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Happy birthday Macy!!!

Beth E. said...

She's beautiful! I have four nieces. Since I didn't have any daughters, I've enjoyed spoiling those girls every chance I get! :o)

Happy birthday, Macy!

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday, Macy! I LOVE the first picture - beautiful!!

Every time I see and read about Macy, it makes me think my own basketball princess daughter will end up just like her! Which is a good thing!!