Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Down Under

Happy Birthday, Beautiful Bestie!!!
I mentioned that I went to Houston last week
to say good-bye to my dear friend, Kimberly.
She, her hubby, and their baby girl Chloe
moved to Australia...on Monday.
WOOOOOOOOO nellie.
The Na Na's are going WORLD WIDE!!!
Three of the Texas Na Na's were able to
attend Kimberly's going-away party in Houston.
As always, it was SO fun to be together!
YOU.HAVE.NO.IDEA.
"Wherever three or more Na Na's are together..."

My travelling companion & partner in crime Brandy...

I am not a beer drinker, in fact, I detest beer...but, I found this 'WoodChuck' beer at Kim's party. Being that Kimberly, Megan and Brandy lived in the WOOD SHED for two years during college, I couldn't resist this pic with one of the Wood Chucks!!!

In true Na Na fashion, we also had to give Kimberly a very hard time about her old fashion cell phone!!! hee hee! Seriously, what did I ever do without my Iphone?!? How about this...with one touch, I know exactly what time it is in Perth, Australia.

Kimberly & Marc are an awesome couple and I know they are going to have the adventure of a lifetime for the next five years that they are Down Under. But CRIKEY, am I going to miss my Kimberly Mo and my Chloe Bo!!!Speaking of Chloe, Auntie Mindy couldn't resist bringing her a little somethin' somethin'...

I just thought that every Aussie little girl needs a Bindi doll to love!!!

Is she not the most adorable little munchkin?!? Nine sweet months of pure love on this earth!Obviously I couldn't quite get enough love from the little angel. Of course Kimberly will make visits home, but the first one won't be for a long time. I had to confess to Kim that it was much harder to say bye to Chloe because, let's face it, she'll reeeeeally have changed a lot next time I see her. That breaks a Na Na Auntie's heart.

Kimberly got the last laugh though!
On Monday, I found THIS in my mailbox...
Meet BEBO.
My dear friend from high school, Brett,
gave Bebo to me while Kim and I were roommates
at Baylor. He is scary & he squeaks. Since 1995,
Kimberly and I have sent him back & forth as
neither of us wants Bebo in our lives.
When we shared a hut in Mexico two
years ago, Bebo went back and forth in each
of our suit cases SEVERAL times. He's just that
sneaky and funny. Apparently, Bebo's
passport didn't make it in time for Kim's move.
Needless to say, I am applying for his
passport immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, Kimberly and I have an
unspoken friendship. She is kind and beautiful
and so fun! I will miss knowing that she is
in Texas VERY, VERY much. I will also
miss our jaunts here and there to see each other.
I have no doubts, though, that time
nor distance will keep us apart.

5 comments:

melanie, aka Mo said...

Oh, man. I need to send Bebo a little necklace to fly over to Australia in! And... todd and I do a similar back and forth game with a rubber snake. Sometimes, it is in my panty drawer, then under the lid of the commode, then under the sheets on my side of the bed, then his sock drawer, .... I get it. I think that Bebo is hilarious. Oh, and my family does that with tacky Christmas gifts too! Someone is going to see something tacky from the year before every year. Usually this is between my mom, Todd and Don. It's so fun to see who gets the "Crap"! melanie

angie said...

Looks like a fun time with friends! Love the crazy Bebo, he looks a little scary:). I also have a slight obsidsion with my iPhone

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

HOW fun I wish I was there as well, ok girl friend that Bindi DOLL gabby is addicted to her and her show we had a hard time dealing with her daddy's death here even went to the church for group prayer ok, wear did you find that Doll i'm going nuts looking for that for my big girl. she would go crzy.... wear wear oh wear did you ghet that dolly please do not hold that secert my daughter is been wanting one and all christmass we went looking for one and nothin? please resond asap and let this mama know, cause they do not see that around here!!!!!

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

I love friend stories. I definitely know that distance only brings you closer and it's amazing how you can talk like no time has gone by.
Such sweetness!
I heart my iphone, too. Couldn't live without it.

Beth E. said...

Oh my gosh, Bebo IS scary! Kind of creeps me out just looking at him in that picture! Haha

We do fun things like that in our family, too, with crazy gifts. Makes life much more interesting and fun!

I know you'll miss your friend Kimberly. Hope you get to see her again, soon.

I'm way behind on my comments...hope you have a great weekend!