Saturday, September 13, 2008

Our Favorite Evacuees & Hurricane Ike'n It

Before I get to Hurricane Ike, let me back up a couple of weeks ago to Hurricane Gustav. There is really only one thing that is even remotely a positive out of hurricanes for ME (totally selfishly!)...we get to see our favorite evacuees!!!

Here are my mother's cousins Norman & Eddie from Port Arthur. These two brothers are a hoot & a holler! I really don't think you could find nicer people than them and their families.
(They were safe from Gustav but most unfortunately Eddie's house is completely flooded from Ike).

...and the other is a visit from the Babins who live in Houma! Bless their hearts ~ Houma took the worst hit from Gustav. Our prayers continue for you guys.

Carrie & her husband Hank are our dear friends! Carrie & I grew up together and then we also went to Baylor. She was my Big Sis in Pi Phi (ha!). Hank is also a great friend of mine from Baylor & just a blast to be around. Carrie and I were in each others' weddings and we just have one of those 'don't have to talk much...just see each other when we can...and never miss a beat when we are together' type of friendships. I call this one of God's greatest blessings...a TRUE friendship.

Carrie & Hank have a BEAUTIFUL family of FOUR LITTLE GIRLS!!!
Here is Logan, Walker & Lilly (I think that is Lilly!)...

Maybe you'll understand why I had to guess that was Lilly...because she is a twin to Campbell! Are they not ADORABLE?!?


And the baby of the Babin Girls ~ Sweet, Precious Chloe...


Logan is Miss Personality & just darling in every single way possible. She & Walker always hit it off and this time was no different...



Walker is one lucky little boy when the Babin girls come to town!!!

In case you are wondering Logan is in 2nd grade, the twins are in 1st grade & Chloe is in kindergarten! WOW! Carrie is one of the most amazing moms I know. She is a ROCK STAR ~ beautiful, talented, positive and so dedicated to her family!

Carrie and Hank had Logan a couple of years before we had Walker. Troy and I fondly remember how Carrie and Hank ALWAYS talked so positively about being parents. They were like the only couple we knew who had ALL positives to say...that was quite refreshing! Troy and I vowed to always be like that to new parents ourselves. Hank also taught us about "crack for babies" (Baby Einstein videos!) and that was a lifesaver, too!!! The Babins are just great, fun people! I am always so happy when I get to spend time with Carrie. Fortunately the Babins are, and I quote Carrie, on a "hurrication" in Alabama right now! I am not sure what damage they received from Ike. Seriously, Babins...we are praying for you all!!!

On to TODAY...Hurricane Ike'n It!!!

First of all, can I just say a BIG HUGE thanks to all of my dear blogging friends who have commented and/or e-mailed me checking on the Lone Star State! It's amazing to have all of these 'new' friends that I've never even really met...but I love!!! We live in Central Texas and just received some wind & rain ~ nothing bad AT ALL. I am so sad for Galveston as it took a devastating hit and we love that city! Please join me in praying for those in Texas & Louisiana dealing with the loss of their homes AND electricity. You don't want to EVER be without electricity in Texas...especially in Houston or on the coast!

Since we weren't quite sure what path Ike would take, we planned to be home indoors all day long. The day began with a play date for two on Walker's top bunk...

Then while Hadlee was in Daddy's office quietly playing with him, Walker and I decided to paint...

At one point during the day, Walker said 'Can we please put the tv on Noggin?' We said NO b/c we were watching the hurricane coverage. Walker replied, "They're saying the same stuff over and over again!" Perhaps they were...regardless Walker channeled his emotions with a picture of Hurricane Ike in Galveston (at Moody Gardens! Boo Hoo!)...

This is a painting of Walker's Halloween costume ~ you'll see soon enough...it's actually a pretty good image of it!

I love this kid & he is just a blast to have around!!! This stands for Mommy & Walker...

Some of our Fall Collection 2008...

Remember how I mentioned that Daddy & Haddie were quietly playing in Troy's office?!? They were quiet alright...

Walker & I continued our day and made cupcakes!

He is going to be the best husband someday...

Tomorrow my sisters and I are giving my parents a 50th Anniversary party at my house. I decorated off and on...gold theme for the 50th of course. Look what I found Walker had added to my decorations ~ two gold trains and a silver one! He's such a hoot!

OH WAIT, maybe this is why he wanted to make cupcakes?!?

After Hadlee's nap, we played games...

We reeeeeally did try to include Miss Prissy Pie...

But instead we got the wrath of Hurricane Haddie...


I feel terribly guilty writing this post while so many are without homes & without electricity. All those that are affected are in my heart & prayers and will continue to be. I can't imagine going through what they are. I especially think of my dear friends Kimberly & Marc in Houston with their baby girl Chloe (with NO electricity) ~ love and prayers to ya'll! Ike Ike Go Away.

3 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Happy Anniversary to two beautiful parents! I hope the party goes well:) Can't wait to hear about it.

I loved hearing about your Ike day! BIG prayers to all of your friends in LA and TX. I am SO thankful we didn't receive much here. There was so much it destroyed. My heart goes out to all of these people.

melanie, aka Mo said...

You know somebody named kimberly "MO"? Cool!

Just checking in on our friends to the west. All is well here. Went through about an hour of tornado WARNINGS, but it's all gone now. Melanie

Amanda said...

Looks like you all made the best of your day. What a fun mom you are!

Hope the party is going GREAT!!