Monday, September 8, 2008

Amen. Forever and Honest.

This little guy has stolen my heart...


So, Walker had his first homework assignment from kindergarten to do over the weekend. This afternoon I told him as soon as Hadlee goes down for her nap, we'll do his homework. He got the biggest grin on his face. I immediately thought to myself it won't always be like that. I got busy doing stuff & Hadlee went to sleep. When Walker realized Haddie was asleep, he came running into my room and said "can we do my homework now?!?" WOW...if only it would always be like this!!!

He had to fill a paper sack with items that represent him. He chose a blue snake, a Lightnin' McQueen car, a picture of him with his train collection and a little soccer ball. He also had to complete this "I Am Special" page. He was so into it! I loved it! (And don't even go there about the black lab puppy...SOMEDAY, okay?!?).


As for the title of my post...about a week ago as we were saying our bedtime prayers, I said "Amen." As usual, Walker repeated with his "Amen" and then he added "Forever and Honest." I had never heard him say this and it just cracked me up and melted my heart all at the same time. Now he says it everytime and I hope (and pray!) that it sinks in really well!!!

I love you Walker.
Forever & Honest.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

OMG! I was so behind on checking out one of the best blogs EVER!!!! So many precious Pierce Moments. LOVE them all! Let's play soon. Love y'all!

angie said...

What a precious little boy! Amen is right:)

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I still think back to him running around the hood with his bible. Remember that? haha! He is the sweetest guy. (Handsome too in his soccer uniform!)