Saturday, September 6, 2008

What I Miss About Summer...

...first of all, lying in my bed listening to Hadlee on the monitor while she is waking up. She wakes up bright eyed and starts talking. I usually leave her favorite babies or Doras in her bed because it's so cute to hear her talk to them (and truth be known gives mommy a little more time in bed!). Hadlee will stay in her bed for a good amount of time just content as can be. And then the "MOMMY" "MOMMY" "MOMMY" starts...and gets louder & louder the longer I wait. It's quite funny!

As I go to get Hadlee, I pass by Walker's room, and this is usually what I see! This boy plays hard and sleeps hard. Still melts my heart to see him sleeping just like it did when he was a baby...

And then when I turn that corner and see my Prissy Pie waiting ever so anxiously for me, it is like no other feeling!!! She is so excited to see me and gives the BIGGEST, BEST hug EVER! And then of course she usually says, "Mommy Pway?" followed by, "Where Bubba?" And then as we pass by Walker's room she says, "shhhhhhh" and puts her fingers over her mouth.

Shortly after, Walker comes running out (and usually tries to startle me ~ SO much like his daddy!) and gives me more of the BEST lovin' in the whole wide world!!! And during that lovin', he usually asks me to make his oatmeal & pancakes! Gladly.

Most of all, I'll miss basically spending every waking, breathing moment with these two kiddos. That's just how we roll in the summer & I love LOVE love it. We usually don't have a care in the world!


...we had music playing outside and Walker told me that he could "eat to the beat"...

I have a feeling come November or so (hey, it's Texas)...I'll reeeeally be missing this white little bootylicious booty...

They are sweet...

They are silly...

They are super fun!

Walker & Haddie ~ Loved every single second of Summer 'o8 with you!!!

4 comments:

angie said...

such good pictures of your precious kids, I'm going to miss the carefree days of summer too!!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Funny! Love Haddie's hair:) I too am going to miss lazy days and playing out late in the hood without worrying about school tomorrow. We sure had a fun summer with the Pierce family!

Amanda said...

Sounds like Haddie and Matt are soul mates. He does the same exact thing in the morning...and nap too. Except I don't have the monitor on anymore. He's stuck there until I get up (usually I'm up first anyway). In fact I remember both boys being like that. Content as can to just lay in their crib for about an hour talking to themselves. I think this is why they never climbed out. Haha!

Glad you guys enjoyed your summer! I'm a teeny bit sad it's over too, but I'm excited for some cooler weather and living in CA that won't come til Nov. Boo.

Beck said...

So sweet! Landon's calls for Mama in the morning start quiet and get louder by the minute, until I say "WHAT?" And he says "Mama, out." LOL, these are the funny moments I will miss as he grows older. Brynne always wakes up so happy, talking and playing in her crib. I LOVE going in to get her, she is so sweet and snuggly! Lucky Mama's we are huh? Have a great week (: