Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Night Lights

I have always loved a Friday night football game. I grew up going to every Midway football game...since I was no telling how old (I started kindergarten as my oldest sister started
college). Lynna was the MHS Homecoming Queen and Michelle was a cheerleader. My parents always had season tickets and it was just what we did. I also have some wonderful memories from Panther Stadium during my own years down on the sidelines! Now I teach at Midway & Walker is in kindergarten at a Midway school.

But ya know what, nothing tops the memories that I am making with my favorite little Midway kindergartener and my favorite little Midway cheerleader...














Even though my times at Midway were wonderful...
my only wish is that I had known
what I know now way back then!!!

(And Troy's only wish...that he could get suited up and be out on that field just one more time!!!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to spend your Friday night! I love that you're teaching there and Walker is in school there now.....how much fun is that? Hey, I think Hadlee should join Bowen and Ellie......she needs a feltie for Halloween, so send me your address (you can just email me from my blog) and I'll get her one! That cheerleading uniform is adorable!!!!!!!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I see a future QB and a head cheerleader someday! Great pictures. Looks like they had soooo much fun:)

Shannon said...

That cheerleader has to be cuter than any down on the field! What fun to be able to raise your kids where you grew up! I love it!

Amanda said...

Oh your kids are so gosh darn cute I wanna squeeze them! I had to laugh at what you wrote about Troy. Now that Ben helps coach Mason's football games he gets SO excited everytime we have a home game and he could be back on the field. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Beck said...

I love those pictures of Troy holding Hadlee waaaayyyy up in the air! She is so cute! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Have a great Sunday (:

angie said...

MHS rocks:) I love these pictures and the fact that your family loves High School football so much!! And just exactly how many cheerleading uniforms does sweet H have???