Sunday, June 8, 2008

YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAA!!!

Troy and I went to the Cattle Baron's Ball last night. This is an amazing party put on to benefit the American Cancer Society. Troy is now on a committee for Cattle Baron's and he worked so hard with many others getting this shindig together (makes me so proud of my man!). We have been going for a few years now & we always have such a great time. It's a blast...and whether people are there for the fun or the cause...it doesn't matter ~ BIG bucks are raised for an organization that helps many (I know that last night during the auction alone they raised $93,000). I could go on and on about this topic ~ cancer affects everyone. Anyway, I loved being out with my man for such a great night...

This year they had a Ferris Wheel ~ it was my FIRST time EVER to ride one (I was such a scaredy cat all my life!). Before our turn...

Of course Troy got us in trouble for 'rockin' it!
If the ferris wheel is a rockin' don't come a knockin'...
Oh this year they had Ronnie Milsap as one of the performers. I was secretly thinking that was a bad choice. BOYEEEEEEEE was I wrong...I knew every single song he sang...he was soooo good! Every person there knew his songs...I bet you do too...that's the reason for the song playing with my blog today! (See my playlist for more!). The first one I dedicate to T-dawg!

Here we are with our good friends that we hook up with every year for this. They are so fun and we just love them to death! It's our one time a year that we go out with them (we always say we'll get together more, but we've finally realized this is OUR night!)...love love love them!!!

Okay, I feel like I am putting way too many pics of myself on my blog...and these are bad...BUT I just have to show off my fun boots (Elizabeth helped a Hoodie out!)...

Lastly, I think I am seeing a theme with my man. Here we are at last year's Cattle Baron's...
And look at us this year ~ I love this silly guy!
And to answer some of my friends' questions...NO, I didn't ride the mechanical bull this year! We were tempted...but I think two years ago when I rode it five weeks after I gave birth to Hadlee did me in on my bull riding days!

All in all, a great night and a great cause. I think of many, many special people I know that have been tremendously affected by cancer. Many of whom I have met through Caringbridge Sites and blogs. Some are so dear to my heart and live right here in my neighborhood. I know that the American Cancer Society is one of many organizations and for some, not the best one. BUT regardless, they are working hard and raising money in the fight. My prayers continue for so many of you every single day!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You two are SO cute! You sure are rockin' those boots and you looked GREAT in them! :D Glad you had a fun night too. I thought of you today as my sister drug me and our mom out to see Sex in the City. I had never seen NOT one single show of it but will have to admit I loved the movie. It was really good.