Saturday, June 21, 2008

Successful Swim Lessons ~ WAHOOOOOOO!!!

The water has never been Walker's favorite place by any means! This boy likes to be IN CONTROL and the water has never offered him that!!! He may look and act just like his Daddy, but not in this way. Unfortunately I think he must have picked this attribute up from me (the last time I took lessons was in the 4th grade & it was then that I overheard the teacher telling my mom I'd have to repeat that same class...Oh yes, she DIIIID).

Walker, though, did FANTASTIC in swimming lessons and he is actually WANTING to learn to swim...like BIG TIME! Thank Goodness for his best buddy Luke who is a great swimmer & took the lessons with us (nobody ever said ALL peer pressure is bad!!!).


Walker even went underwater a couple of times. The other night Troy asked him if he was going underwater and Walker said 'no'. Troy asked him why and his response was, "There's nothing under there so why go." I had to give him credit for making that good point.

Here are the boys on their last day...


It's funny because Walker & I took 'Mommy & Me' swim lessons when he was 10 months old. They are JUST NOW paying off! ha!!!

I am so proud of this boy...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Way to go, Walker!

Becca said...

Been surfin' your blog and reading about your family. Beautiful is an understatement. You are truly blessed!!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Blessings from the Reeds said...

What two handsome boys! Luke would be lost without his buddy. Proud of Walker on the swimming!

Faithful Froggers said...

Way to go, Walker! That is great!

Loved all of your Daddy and Me pictures in the post below! Your son and husband look so much alike - too cute!

Hope you have a great week!