Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day 2008!!!

Well, I went to my pics to get a couple of cute daddy pics and I couldn't stop! My heart just kept melting over my hubby & my own father!!!

For starters, this is one of my favorite pictures of Troy & Walker. Troy is a big hunter and this was when Walker was about five days old. Can you believe how much they already looked alike?!?

Daddy in his pink shirt right after the Princess Pie was born...

My Homies...

My big hunka hunka and the princess...


Troy is probably the funniest person I've ever known! He is handsome, sexy, strong, sweet, witty & smart. He is so many things that I am not...wise, sensible, disciplined and so quick with his humor. He is just a good 'ole boy and I love him so very much! He is my manly man in every sense of the word and I just love that about him! In my eyes, there is nothing that he can't do!

I fell in love with Troy all over again after we had our kids...when I saw him those first nights in the hospital with both babies (Shirtless Pierce of course!) holding our little miracles was more than I could handle. He loves our children with everything he has. He also loves me like no other and he has never been bashful about showing that to the kids or to anyone else for that matter!


He loves his mom, his grandmothers and my mom (even calls her 'mom') and takes such wonderful care of all of them. He loves mowing the yard, watching sports (especially football), hunting and he loves A&M. Best of all, he will do anything and everything for Walker, Hadlee and me. He takes the BEST care of us! Walker and Hadlee look just like their daddy so I am very thankful for his good looks! I can't help but say it, I think my man is a HOTTIE with a good HEART!!!






Now on to My Dad!!! W. H. Gibson!!! What a man! I was a total surprise to my parents when I came along. They had two daughters 13 and 10 and had just saved enough money to move to a better neighborhood with a better school district. While moving, my mom mentioned to him that she might be pregnant...and sure enough she was! Forever my dad called me "Oops" in the most loving way! My Dad is a funny, funny man!!! He is kind hearted, strict, loving, set in his ways, smart, supportive and fuuuuunnnnny! And, boy oh boy, does that man love to tell stories!!! He has always made me feel that I am the 'apple of his eye'. Here lately I have noticed that there is a new 'apple in his eye'...known as Hadlee McCall! And that is fine by me!

Like my hubby, my dad takes care of his family. He has always been there for my sisters and me for anything and everything. He is the first to stand up and support us ~ always. He and my mom are so funny...she still doesn't know how to put gas in her car. When she needs gas, she puts a yellow post-it note on the back door that says "Need Gas". He takes care of it everytime...he also charts their mileage in little notebooks - it's a hoot! He tried to make me do it when I turned 16. Didn't last very long!!!

My Dad with his Girls...


My parents and me ~ they will celebrate 50 years of marriage in August!!!

PaPa to Walker & Hunter...

PaPa with the New Apple of his Eye...

In tears holding his new baby girl...


I am blessed with amazing men in my life...first and foremost being my husband and my dad. I also have an uncle who hung the moon in my eyes, a sweet father-in-law and Troy's Grandfather who is probably the finest man I've ever known. I think God for these sweet, sweet blessings who have taught me, loved me, and taken care of me. I'm one lucky little girl (oh, wait, I'm a big girl now!)!!!

Troy's Grandfather ~ PaPa Robinett...

You couldn't find a finer, Christian man in this world...


I wish I had a picture of my PaPa to put on here (we got the digi camera when Walker was born and my scanner doesn't work). He was the only Grandpa I ever knew and he was a funny, funny man! Before he died when I was in college, I would go to his house everyday to remind him to take his medicine (he gave me $2 each visit!). Without fail, every single time I rang the door bell, he would open the door slightly and look out and say, "Well, I thought somebody had come to see me!" and then shut the door. I miss that man!

To talk about another good man in my life, meet my Uncle Ron. He has always been my #1 fan through every adventure of my life & vice versa. I love him dearly...


Here's my father-in-law. He'd do anything in this world for us, or anybody for that matter...


My two favorite Dads at the Alamo...


Happy Father's Day, Troy/Daddy.
Walker, Hadlee and Wifey love love love you!!!


Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads in Your Life!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Baby. I couldn't keep from welling up when I read this! I think the Good Lord everyday for making me the LUCKIEST MAN IN THE WORLD!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Ok, crying over here! That was the sweetest post! We love you too BB (especially Casey). Happy Father's Day

Amanda said...

Wow, what a sweet post! You are so very lucky. Hope you guys had a great day.. I'm sure you did. :)