Sunday, May 25, 2014

Walker's Interview Project

 Walker had a project for Social Studies
in which he had to interview someone
who witnessed something in history. 
He interviewed my mother about
the Waco Tornado in 1953. 
(They did the interview while I wasn't
there and when I came back, my mother
handed me Walker's questions and SHE
had written her answers down for him!
Little stinker asked her to do that
and she did!!!!!!!!!!!)
Another funny story...after Walker
typed it out, he told me it was really long.
When I came to the computer to proof
it, I had to explain to him that using
a font size of 26 will do that to a paper!!!)
 I've always loved my mother's story
about the day the tornado hit...
 Mrs. Williams sent me this picture
of Walker reading his interview
to the class which was an optional
part of the project.  She put
a picture on the screen that we included
of the feed store that was destroyed.
#coolkid
#coolgrandmother
#coolinterview


1 comment:

snekcip said...

What a neat project!! It's a great way to learn about history up close and personal...even if poor grandmother had to write it out herself! CRACKED ME UP!!!